Weird window problem

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

karllap

Weird window problem

Postby karllap » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi,
We have a 54 plate Megane Scenic witha weird rear passenger window problem.
The window works both up and down, the problem is. If I use the switch on the drivers console the window will go down whether I press the up button or the down button!
The window will only go up if I use the switch on the rear passenger door but it will not go down!

The actual clip on the window rail snapped the other day which I have replaced so I have replaced that and whilst doing it made sure that all the connections to the motor etc were seated in. (the problem was there prior to the clip breaking)

Does anyone have any ideas?

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: Weird window problem

Postby tomalamix » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:10 pm

im not really sure but if you disconnect the front switch the switch on the back will not work. Can you confirm that?

karllap

Postby karllap » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:27 am

tomalamix wrote:im not really sure but if you disconnect the front switch the switch on the back will not work. Can you confirm that?

I've not tried it that way round but whilst I had the door panel of I tried diconnecting the the rear door switch and the drivers side stopped working all together!

Does that mean anything?

Funnily enough I had pretty much the same problem on a megane convertible and I never got to the bottom of that either!

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:07 am

but the drivers switch cannot control none of the windows with the rear switch out? thats odd..

ive been searching but i couldnt find electrical schems for this car... :oops:

Return to “Problems / Questions”