Inner tie track rod

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

burnsydavid
Passed Theory

Inner tie track rod

Postby burnsydavid » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi has any one changed the inner track rod end on there car yet and how hard is it to do.

Cheers

Davey.

nathan black
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1.4 authentique
just bought 1.9dci privelage

Re: Inner tie track rod

Postby nathan black » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:49 am

hi there is a massive post on it some where with photos and how to do it.
it is listed as axial ball joint replacement but i carnt seem to find it as i am going to do mine at the weekend.

onlydiesels

Re: Inner tie track rod

Postby onlydiesels » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:24 pm

i did both of mine a short while ago,and i did the lower wishbones at the same time,which made accessing the track rods much easier with the wishbones removed,but basically it was very easy...turn the steering over to the side your NOT doing,obviously remove the track rod end,remove the gaiter,grip the `ball` end of the arm (i used big stilsons) and turn anti clockwise,and off it came,much easier than anticipated and i had no issues with the rack trying to move/twist or anything. i`d advise putting a bit of thread lock type stuff on the thread of the new one before it goes on. take a measurement from the old unit with regard to the track rod end position so that you get it back on the new arm in the `same` position,although it will still need tracking after.

Return to “Problems / Questions”