1.6 vvt silly problems! any1 help??

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Hog
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1.6 vvt dynamique

1.6 vvt silly problems! any1 help??

Postby Hog » Sun May 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Hi Guys,

Was hoping some of you could help me with some things....

I got a 1.6 vvt dynamique on an 04 plate.

1, my fan blower number 4 doesnt work, can i fix this in any easy way or does it need to go back to dealer? and why do all the rest work but not number 4!?

2, The air con button (not climate control) doesnt seem to do anything to the temp of the air comin through!? does summin need toppin up or is it just that crap???!!

3, when you go over 60mph it sounds like you need to change gear but im in 5th already! does the engine always sound this way at about 3500 revs? thats gonna annoy me on the motorway!

4, can you feed a sub off the factory stereo or do i need to buy a new stereo?

Hope you can help!
1.6 vvt Meg

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Re: 1.6 vvt silly problems! any1 help??

Postby dougieCC » Sun May 24, 2009 7:33 pm

No 1 could be heater resistor, No 2 aircon pressure switch, £95 from dealer. get Kwickfit to check gas, could also be empty.

Alan
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

-KJ-
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Mégane II Ph.1 1.6 16v Dynamique Luxe, full leather seats, Carminat Informé 1 with CD-changer.

Postby -KJ- » Sun May 24, 2009 11:18 pm

It's a software bug! Let your dealer reset your car's computers first. The things you describe appear when you set you aircon to 15 degrees (min. temp.) and fanspeed to 4 (max. speed). The whole system goes into disastermode untill a reset... There might be nothing wrong with your system at all.
From Holland! Megane II Phase 1, Black Pearl, 1.6 16V LPG, Dynamique Luxe, full leather, Carminat 1 with CD-changer, Phase 2 front.

halford

Postby halford » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:16 pm

i also have a 1.6 but the oasis version mine also sounds like you need to change gear all the time but took it on the motorway the other day and it gets slightly louder, not much but it keeps goin till bout 115 in 5th so i would prosume it normal

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:07 pm

Before you start buying expensive parts and refills I would check the fuse for the aircon, this is located under the bonnet, behind the battery. There is a cover that needs removed ( 2 screws). On the rear side of this cover is a diagram showing what each fuse is for You are looking for one that represents like a 'snow flake'. Locate and see what condition the fuse for the air con is in.

Yes you can fit a sub and amp to the regular head unit... You need to take a feed from the rear speaker cable through a splitter (forget the correct name) It passes the audio through phono cables to the input of the sub. Its not a very good result.

Any questions just ask.

P

rockerdunn
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6

Postby rockerdunn » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi,

Just a quick question for me aswell.

I also have a 1.6 03 megane and today I drove off and every time I turn the wheel alot, it makes a sound. Whats the damage to this?

Can I still drive it for a bit, because I won't be able to book it in the garage until wednesday, as I got to drive to work until then.

Thanks.

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:29 pm

It is probably a strut mount (The part that your springs are seated into closest to the bonnet) on its way out... Its a crack in the casing and so the bearings are exposed. Its safe enough to drive on if you take it easy. At the same time should be done soon. £30 or there abouts for the part + fitting.

P

rockerdunn
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6

Postby rockerdunn » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:26 pm

Can they snap? When I drove one morning, turned the wheel.. made a clicking/grunting noise (only when moving slow and sharp turn-right hand side), i thought the noise may go away, drove 10 yards and heard a clunk but thought nothing of it, was in work the next day, and where I heard a clunk I found a spring (coil) on the road.

Im guessing this is a bad sign- but I can't get into a garage until at least wednesday. So what do you guys think the damage is?

Cheers.

rik220
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: "99 1.2 Clio
Soon to be a 3dr megane

Postby rik220 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Yes. Your spring on that side now needs replaced. Not particulary safe.

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:29 pm

If the spring has broken DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR. You will cause more damage than it is worth. I would even have it lifted on a flat bed to the garage.

Is the car not sitting very low at that corner? All weight is resting on the shock.

You will need a new spring and strut mount and just hope the shock absorber is ok.

Believe it or not it’s a relatively common fault.

P

Return to “Problems / Questions”