Window regulator wire connector constantly becoming wet

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sammyelrefee
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2007 1.6

Window regulator wire connector constantly becoming wet

Postby sammyelrefee » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:59 am

Hi

I have a rather annoying issue. Not long back my passenger front window would not open.
I opened up and dried the temic regulator. Everything worked for few months. Last week it stopped working again!! And yesterday I decided to press the down button to see if it would magically start working. How silly of me. It decided to move down slightly meaning the car would be even less waterproof haha.vI opened up and the wire to the regulator covered in some spongy stuff (stupid water soaker more like!!) was soaked!
Anyway I dried it up. Wd40 all over connectors. It worked for like 2 seconds. Again silly me I was pressing the windows down. Again I put even more wd40 and it went all the way down. Then i retrained it all the way up and back down a few times. Then it stopped dead at down. ***wants to punch self in face****
Anyway I said to myself as soon as the window is up its staying there. Again I put more wd 40 in there. It got half way. Stopped. More and it went all the way up. I left it at that. Took out the temic module so it won't go down again and kept it out the car.

Anybody suggest what I can do?
I don't want to fully fix until I know it won't get water in there again...

Hope someone can help. Thanks

petepete
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: cc

Re: Window regulator wire connector constantly becoming wet

Postby petepete » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:34 am

I havnt had problems on a 2008 cc but I did have to adjust the windows...

This involved getting to the bolts that hold the glass to re set the glass before I used the adjusting bolts at the bottom of the door..

on inspection inside the door I found a rubber stick on pad that had obviously fell of the window regulator thing and I assume designed to deflect water from getting to it.. stuck it back on the top..

can you not fabricate something from a bit of lino and attach it to do the same job ???

sammyelrefee
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2007 1.6

Re: Window regulator wire connector constantly becoming wet

Postby sammyelrefee » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Good idea. I would need to somehow do the same for the spongy cable too right?
It all soaks up water and flows down into the electrics!

Return to “Problems / Questions”