Renault Megane Cabriolet convertable. 2007.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

iacapa
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Convertable.

Renault Megane Cabriolet convertable. 2007.

Postby iacapa » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:46 pm

I have had terrible problems with all the electric windows. Motors have been replaced umpteen times. The boot was leaking, the roof was leaking and the windows. In all of 50yrs driving, I have never had so many problems with a car. I would never have bought this if I had known the problems with the motors and leakages beforehand! To get to the point, if the electric roof doesn't close, is it possible to do this manually? After all the problems that I have had, I am afraid of opening the roof and then not being able to close it.

petepete
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: cc

Re: Renault Megane Cabriolet convertable. 2007.

Postby petepete » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:06 am

in the handbook how to do it manually..

as for the regulators in the windows, mine is an 08 plate and they all have little rubber water protectors over them ------ but the glue wasn't god and they fall off and need re attaching. I suggest you check they are fitted to your new regulators..

( if your windows and roof are maintained properly - you don't get leaks or problems )

iacapa

Postby iacapa » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:18 am

Thanks. I rang the local Renault dealer just now and they told me that it wasn't possible to put the roof up manually.

petepete
Just Passed

Postby petepete » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:19 pm

iacapa wrote:Thanks. I rang the local Renault dealer just now and they told me that it wasn't possible to put the roof up manually.

name and shame them !

iacapa

Postby iacapa » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:39 pm

The manual that I downloaded has a sun roof. I am looking at others with the same problem and they say that it can be done. Their instructions are not very straight forward. One said 'I had to pull a little release to release the hood cover and turn a little wheel to release the hydrolics so it can be operated manually'. Doesn't say where the wheel is. I'm still trying to find the correct manual!

VroomVroomClonk
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 DCi CC 2004

Postby VroomVroomClonk » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:28 am

That doesn't sound like the correct handbook that you are looking at.
Try reading pages 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7 of this online handbook and see if that makes it clear.

On my 2004 convertible, the boot doesn't leak, the roof doesn't leak and the windows only leak very slightly if I park the car overnight with it sideways on to a monsoon! It sounds like you have been very unlucky. You say your motors have been replaced. Have they definitely all got the genuine and properly working temic control modules? The convertible does need to have the genuine module so that the window can automatically open and close very slightly by just a few mm when the doors are opened and shut. This gives it a tight seal against the roof to stop leaks. Aftermarket replacements for the temic modules are maybe OK(ish) on non-convertibles, but not on convertibles despite what some of the suppliers claim. I tried one, and it was rubbish!

iacapa

Postby iacapa » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:14 am

Thanks. I did get a very bad one. A new seal for the boot was £144 plus fitting. The roof had to be removed and sealed £202.00 All the windows had to be realigned. As I previously said, all the window motors had to be replaced. The brake pads and discs had to be replaced. Never again would I buy a Renault. That was my first and last!

petepete
Just Passed

Postby petepete » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:43 pm

iacapa wrote:Thanks. I did get a very bad one. A new seal for the boot was £144 plus fitting. The roof had to be removed and sealed £202.00 All the windows had to be realigned. As I previously said, all the window motors had to be replaced. The brake pads and discs had to be replaced. Never again would I buy a Renault. That was my first and last!

I should take someone with car buying experience with you next time.....

what ever you buy ...

Return to “Problems / Questions”