Dam Renault dealership quality

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Dam Renault dealership quality

Postby cyclonebri1 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:05 pm

:hm

Ok, after today I just felt I had to post this. It sums up my experience with the local outfit that repaired my car under waranty.

I bought a 55plate 1.5 105 estate back in early 2007, 28k on the clock at exactly a year old, the way I like to buy them.

This car has been great, is super economical, but my Renault experience is very poor, take a read of this and see what you think.

Under waranty;

Within a month of purchase I got the dreaded "check injection system" light up on the dash.

went in under waranty, turbo pressure sensor replaced. Next day when I started the car the drive was drenced in diesel. I called out the RAC as Mrs Cylone works for them.

He spit and sluttered for an hour and eventually managed to replace the displaced fuel return pipe. Drove the 5 miles to the agent by which time the car was spewing diesel again.

All return pipes replaced and things are ok.

A month later the lights up again. Take it back in and it gets another turbo pressure sensor, No 2

Meanwhile on a normal return journey from work the clutch starts acting oddly, very dead feel and showing signs of slipping, in fact it stunk. Still under waranty. "No sir we can't pick you up, the clutch is a serviceable item, they can go at that mileage". Red rag to a bull to be honest as I have never been harsh on clutches, the opposite infact.

I drove it on a wing and a prayer, got the usual threats that if it was worn out it would be at my cost. It wasn't worn out the clutch return spring mounted on the pedal assembly had "broken", who bloody knows.
"We've fitted you a complete new pedal assembly sir, goodbye"

A few months later it's back in again, same fault light, full diagnostics and guess what the turbo pressure sensors gone again. No 3 fitted.

The lights back on as a I drive off the forecourt :cry
Now here's where I get annoyed.
I had to tell them that the problem was likely to be at the other end of the sensor wiring, ie, the ecu, It was they fied it and it's never been a problem since.

A year later I have a serious diesel leak again, I did it myself this time, guess what 1 of the return pipes fitted by the Renault monkey had had it seal cut :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead £68 for a friggin pipe set

Now today,
Ever since the pedal was changed, (I actually dont believe it was), the clutch has clicked and clacked everynow and then. This week I suddenly lost half the pedal travel, the return point being about an inch below the brake pedal and a very dead feel.
Now out of waranty I dug around in the footwell and found the return spring wedged up under the master cylinder, almost doing its job but stopping the full return of the pedal.

The return sping had not been fitted in it's location points :cry

Sorry for the rant but the point is that a few minor issues became major ones due to the innability of Gerald Sheep to rectify these.

Rant over.
I

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: Dam Renault dealership quality

Postby tomalamix » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:16 pm

hy there,

im sorry for your poor experience with Renault. What im going to say doesnt go to solve your problem but will put some pressure under the dealer: your new spares mounted at the dealer have an 1 year full warranty, i.e., if you need to go through the 10nd turbo sensor or diesel return pipes (hope not...) it would be good to talk with the manager and tell them that you want the problem solved once for all, otherwise i would go for the small court, its obviously something causing the pipes to blow up and the sensor to be wrecked in a matter of weeks.

sorry i could not help any further for now

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Re: Dam Renault dealership quality

Postby cyclonebri1 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:07 am

tomalamix wrote:hy there,

im sorry for your poor experience with Renault. What im going to say doesnt go to solve your problem but will put some pressure under the dealer: your new spares mounted at the dealer have an 1 year full warranty, i.e., if you need to go through the 10nd turbo sensor or diesel return pipes (hope not...) it would be good to talk with the manager and tell them that you want the problem solved once for all, otherwise i would go for the small court, its obviously something causing the pipes to blow up and the sensor to be wrecked in a matter of weeks.

sorry i could not help any further for now

Hi,
Don't get me wrong, this car hasn't cost me much, just the set of return pipes that I fitted. It's been the inconvenience and lack of confidence that I've experienced.
The whole point is I wouldn't trust that dealer to wash my car let alone repair it, :banghead

All the issues have been fixed, eventually by me. It was the fact that they created several of these under waranty and failed to resolve any finally without my instruction.

Let me tell you my Renault history over the past 5 or 6 years, never had 1 up 'til then.

Between me and the wife and 2 daughters and partners we have had;

I mk1 1.4 petrol clio
1 mk11 1.4 petrol clio
2 brand new clio 172's
1 3 year old mk11 megane scenic 2.0ltr petrol
1 1 year old megane sports tourer 1.5dci 106
1 3 year old megane hatch 1.5dci 86
1 6 month old clio 1.5dci 86
1 9 month old megane hatch 1.5dci 106
and finally a few weeks ago as a 2nd car my daughter bought a 55plt 1.6 petrol maegane hatch.
You don't stick with a brand for that time if you have issues with the manufacturer

The only car to suffer any real issues has beed my present car, the estate that is now about 5 years old, and all down to issues that the dealership should have sorted much earlier, rant off :rock

Return to “Problems / Questions”