Megane 225 not coming on boost

Discussions around the Mégane 225.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

chriss13

Megane 225 not coming on boost

Postby chriss13 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi All,

Ive got a problem with a megane not coming on boost at all - ECU light is on but i think thats it...

Had a look around and im guessing its the pressure sensor - does anyone know where this sensor is located?

Also are there any workshop manuals / part numbers etc available?

Warrender
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 225 Trophy

Re: Megane 225 not coming on boost

Postby Warrender » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:50 pm

Hello mate.

Does your ECU light stay on permanently? i.e. if you cold start the car does it come straight on or does it only come on the first time you try to bring the car into boost?

Has the car been like this for as long as you have had it or just randonly started?

Have you checked the basics i.e make sure all of your jubilee clips on your boost hoses are tight and that none of your boost hoses have any small nicks. Also if the car has had any light front damage is the intercooler intact?

Does it not try to boost at all or does it start to boost (i.e. you get the initial surge) then cut/misfire? If it cuts this would maybe suggest an overboost fault (they do this if you use contaminated petrol aswell but this does not bring on any lights). Over boost sensor is mounted on your turbo intake hose.

I would suggest the problem is electrical since the 225 does not seem able to detect lack of boost or misfire. I recently put duff petrol from my RS2000 track car in my 225-car had been standing and the petrol had gone off. You would get the initial boost surge then it would misfire and pop and bang (actually sounded bit like a very quiet anti-lag lol) and not rev any higher until you backed off and accelerated more slowly. Even driving along the road with foot to the floor in second gear at about 4500rpm with revs not rising and car popping and banging and no boost there were no warning lights! Nice one renault!

Have you tried resetting the ECU? Disconnect the battery and leave it for 10-15 mins then touch the +ve and -ve together to be sure there no residual charge left. Then reconnect battery as normal. That should be enough to reset the ECU.

In terms of a manual im afraid not. (i havent found one anyway-if you do find one please let me know) The legendary mr haynes does one for most of the megane range so a lot of similarity but not parts that are 225 specific :sad .

CheeRS
-W

danielgray2k7
Currently Drives:: Megane 225

Postby danielgray2k7 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi mate seems u know alot bout the 225 i got one thats no boosting seems to start an goes ok but nothing like it should no lights on could u help !?

How would i know if its over fuelling ? Coz no noises from turbo or black smoke !?

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:52 am

Read the live data with an OBD tool. ELM327 is about a fiver on eBay. It's just an interface, works with a laptop or Android phone/tablet. Choose an USB or Bluetooth version as appropriate.

For overfuelling you need to get the trim values from OBD. Just post all data here for discussion.

If the engine light is on, then a trouble code is prepared on OBD.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Megane 225”