Turning off ASR

Discussions around the Mégane 225.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

michaelaj

Turning off ASR

Postby michaelaj » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:04 pm

i have amegane 225 2006 and for some reason the asr will reactivate automaticly after 50 km/hr is ther anyway to turn it off completly ?

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:04 pm

Pull the fuse, but you will lose ABS as well. No other way of doing it.
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

michaelaj

Postby michaelaj » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:29 pm

ive tried that but the soeed meter and the wheel presure censors wont work i was wondering if ther was any other way

TurboDreams

Postby TurboDreams » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:56 am

If you hold the button down long enough it disables and wont turn on or off a when you press it until you restart the engine.

Although i tend to leave mine on A) Because i like my tyres and B) it also kicks in if the car begins to slide and it corrects everything.

L77
Pass Plus

Postby L77 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:47 pm

Strange unless you have rally driving skills and like to splash the cash on tyres month after month I have only ever used mine on about 2 occasions and for 5 mins each time :shock:

The roads are too damp greasy dirty to not use it, matter of time until your picking you teeth one by one out of a tree at the side of the road :-P

But best of luck with geting it sorted anyway :cool:

L77

Warrender
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 225 Trophy

Re: Turning off ASR

Postby Warrender » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:50 pm

Liking your line of thinking Micheal.

I was goin to post a similar question myself. Mine doesnt seem to re-activate itself during driving but it does everytime you turn the engine off like renault intended. booooo.

Has the ESR tried to kill you yet? Mine has twice! Reason being i can be a touch absent minded. So if im out playing and its turned off fine. But if i stop for petrol or something ive twice forgoten to switch it off again when i start the car up.

As im sure you know the ESR has the ability to reduce power or apply brakes. Mine tends to favour the apply brakes approach! Cheers renault! :banghead

Both times ive been mid slide (car speed and approach set up to slide around corner everything going fine then about half way round the corner BANG the ESP wakes up sh1ts itself (pardon my french) and slams the brakes on. Im sorry but if the car is sliding the last thing you want to do is to stamp the brakes!!! What were renault thinking???!

At least if it cut backed on the power you'd get a touch of lift off oversteer which you could easily correct but for the car to brake that hard of its own accord when your not expecting it (as its not necessary) is dangerous and has almost caused me to spin a couple of times.

For a car marketed as a drivers car they sure got this wrong!

Return to “Megane 225”