Check Ignition and ESP/ASR warning light

Discussions around the Mégane 225.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Boabie

Check Ignition and ESP/ASR warning light

Postby Boabie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:01 am

Had the above warning lights come on at the weekend. I was accelerating at a normal rate with a warmed up engine. Car hit the second stage of turbo and the power dropped immediately. Car went into 'get home' mode and wouldn't rev above 2000rpm. Stopped the engine and then restarted. Warning lights went out and the car felt ok. Tried a hard acceleration and the same thing happened. Called Renault assist and the AA guy plugged in the pc. Fault codes were recorded and diagnosis said that a misfire occured due to fuel starvation. There was under a quarter of a tank of fuel in the car and the estimated distance to travel was about 90 miles. Took the AA guy for a spin to show him the fault and true enough it happened again. He then reset the codes and I put some more fuel in. Ran perfectly fine afterwards and haven't had any issues since. Thought I'd put this up as info in case it happens to anyone else. I'll keep an eye on it in case it happens again but so far so good.

Davelee_225
Advanced Driver

Postby Davelee_225 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:12 pm

Ive not heard of that before. What fuel are you using?

https://www.meganesport.net
ImageImage

Boabie

Postby Boabie » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:13 pm

Apologies for the delay in the reply. I've been on holiday. I have always used Optimax/ V power or the 99 ron from Tesco (only twice). At the time I had the issue it was only V Power that had been used for a while. I've not had any problems since and have run the fuel down to just below the 1/4 tank. Keeping my fingers crossed that it was a once off incident.

ablevins
Currently Drives:: Megane RS 2.0T
Lotus Elise 111R
1965 Ford Mustang

Re: Check Ignition and ESP/ASR warning light

Postby ablevins » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:40 am

Just had exactly the same thing to my 04 RS Megane.

Hopefully it'll just be a computer reset issue, rather than a 'parts' issue. Dammit, the warranty just expired!

And given I'm dealing with Renault South Africa it's likely to take them a long time to fix it! I took my stuck-in-gear car in to be fixed in February and they had it for 3 months...

Any further input/updates would be most welcome.

Return to “Megane 225”