Oil service rip off

Discussions around the Mégane 225.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Moto

Oil service rip off

Postby Moto » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:12 am

I have just bought a 54reg 225, the garage I bought it from said they'd pay for Renault to oil service it for me. I phoned Renault, £79 for an oil service, not too bad so I booked it in. Renault phoned back that day and said, actually because it's a 225 £159, that's £80 difference. I asked how much if I supplied the correct oil, £69. They wanted to charge me £90 for the oil. I bought that exactl oil from the same Renault dealer for £28.50 the next day. They were going to rob me of £60, and some people would have just pad the £159. Is it just me or is that disgusting. Has anybody else got similar experiences, not just oil changes ?

Mote

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:17 am

You will always pay a lot for oil when you have your car serviced at a main dealer.
My advice is to look in you hand book for the correct grade and specification of oil for your car, and go and buy some from a local motor factors and ask the dealer to use the supplied oil. Or you could contact Oilman at https://www.opieoils.co.uk/ and get a specific recommendation from him.

I buy my oil from LubeTech oil supplies on eBay (in bulk) which works out at about £14.00 for 5 ltrs of 5W40 fully synthetic oil :D
https://stores.ebay.co.uk/LUBETECH-OIL-SUPPLIES

As for expensive servicing, my fuel filter cost £47.00 ex VAT :shock:
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Return to “Megane 225”