Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Taffy1971
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II

225 replica

Postby Taffy1971 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi guys
I know it's a strange one but I have a megane 2.0 16v Dynamique,
I have replaced everything to 225
bumpers, exhaust, brake calipers, suspension, full interior, alloys, obviously will never be a true 225 but I understand the engine is exactly the same with the exeption of the turbo,
Does anyone know if it's possible to have the turbo fitted to mine,
I understand once fitted it will have to be remapped but have spent so much on the car and had the engine rebuilt 800 miles ago I really want it to be exact,
I know log book will always say Dynamique but seems a shame to have it look like the 225 but without the full power,
Any technical advice on if I can do it or not would be appreciated

MilosB
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: R. Megane 2 1.9dci sport package

Re: 225 replica

Postby MilosB » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:11 pm

it will never be a 225 even if it produces 300bhp as the 225 is legendary for its handligh which comes from the specific suspension configuration it uses.
also the engines are not same, maybe same engine block, but the pistons, conrods (probably) and compression are diffrent. so i would say you would have to invest to much.
parts you would need IMO
thicker head gasket,
difrent pistons and conrods
exhaust manifold , turbo and exhaust

regarding the ecu you should check with the Paul from RS tuning if it is possible to "crack" the eco so it can use the pressure senzor and to regulate the turbo pressure, or use a stand alone ECU. and I think this would be the most dificult part
Renault Megane II 1.9dci sport p. 3dr. lowered on koni's,and exhausting through sebring

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: 225 replica

Postby AlexB » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Just to strengthen the message of MilosB - a new clutch, exhaust manifold for the twin scroll turbo and, possibly, cat will be required.

Why not to start from a 250 Cup, which are inexpensive these days. A simple Bluefin remap will give you 310ps, not that it feels underpowered in the first place, and slightly wider front tyres will help to rotate it in a bend.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Megane 225”