megane 225 vibration, not engine mounts?

Discussions around the Mégane 225.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

mikepayne

megane 225 vibration, not engine mounts?

Postby mikepayne » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:27 pm

Hello everyone,

I'd be really grateful if someone can help me with this. I'm having a problem with my RenaultSport Megane II 225. There is an annoying vibration when the engine is idling which gets better when revs are applied but never really disappears - for example when driving along the view in the rear mirrors occasionally blurs because of the vibration even though it is less severe.I've had a garage look at the engine mounts and they say that when they bar the rear bush it goes down quite a lot but it is still present, and that there is very little play in any of the mounts, so they don't recommend changing them. They have no idea what else to suggest.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can look at next?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Cavell07
Currently Drives:: Silver Megane 225

Re: megane 225 vibration, not engine mounts?

Postby Cavell07 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:13 am

I'm having the exact same problem at the moment mate. Do you find it more difficult to pull off in 1st unless you give it a few revs first?

Check the exhaust as I've been told the bracket behind the rear bumper is knackered so needs replacing and that's probably causing it apparently, will know more this week. If I find the solution before hand I will post it here.

Paul.

Funkycoldmadina
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Sport 225 Cup

Postby Funkycoldmadina » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:20 pm

Sorry to say i've got the same problem and trust me it's not the exhaust braclets as i've replaced them already.
Next on my list was my engine mounts, but as you have indicated that this may not be the course them alais im am also banging head against a brick wall. :banghead
There is no movement on idle on the rev counter and when the car is stationary the vibrations stop?????? On starting the car the engine sounds like its hunting ie virbrates then stops then virbrates again. Apart from this there are no warning lights/ no loss in power and the car in a joy. Somebody must know what the problem is???

Answers on a postcard.

Thanks Funky.

Chris225
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport225 Megane Trophy.

Postby Chris225 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:34 pm

I have the same problem, however mine only occurred after the engine had be moved to change the turbo, it mustnt be in the exact same spot, but thats what is wrong with mine.

Return to “Megane 225”