Megane 225 cup remap stage 1

Discussions around the Mégane 225.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

trev147
Currently Drives:: Megane 225 cup

Megane 225 cup remap stage 1

Postby trev147 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi

I would like some feedback on a stage 1 remap for my standard 55plate megane cup. I have had my car 3 years now and I love it. But I crave a little more bite out of the acceleration. I don't by any means want stupid power because it will spoil the handling. As my cup doesn't have the limited slip diff in as standard what can I expect from a simple Stage 1 remap?. will I get the bite I want? whilst keeping the handling sweet.

What if I take it further with a miltek exhaust and a remap, will that give me more usable power increase. And if I took it further still with a stage 2 power increase with the turbo upgrade etc is that starting to get silly.

So going back to the simple Stage 1 remap, what can I expect and will it give me the smile on my face and enjoyment in the bends without turning my cup into a ditch finder.

thanks

Trevor

Orange225

Re: Megane 225 cup remap stage 1

Postby Orange225 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:34 pm

Ditch finder - - haha - - perhaps take my point? Cars don't find ditches - - drivers do.
As to a remap, the problem with the 225 is the lack of a LSD, so while you can get more power via whatever method, it's getting it down on the road without smoking the tyres. This is where a skilled remap caters for this, but it takes an experienced driver to lay down power in such a way for certain conditions. You may spend a lot of money trying to achieve what you want, and then being disappointed that you cannot get it to do what you want. It isn't as simple as upping the power and flooring the foot. No doubt those who thought it was, have indeed done as you suggest - ditched it. Haha, that still makes me laugh. If I was you, then go the Quaife first route. Once fitted, you'll really find out what your present car can do, which is a lot more than it can do at the moment.

Return to “Megane 225”