tpms sensor

Discussions around the Mégane 225.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

chrisp45
Currently Drives:: 2005 megane 225 cup

tpms sensor

Postby chrisp45 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:06 pm

last night sensor showed up saying pressure was low in front drivers tyre, dust cap was tight so bit more turning snapped the whole valve off, displayed puncher.
as the car was stuck on the garage know with flat tyre. i took the wheel off and garage fitted standard valve to get my home display then said tryre pressure sensor fault this was because no valve was in there. tok the car to my local garage that does tpms tests and supply and fit and remap they fitted new new sensor in wheel. same colour that was removed then done what he said he had to do (had to look on internet how to do it) told us it was done (had no reason to doubt him this is his job) drove one mile down the road fault came on again and wheel disapiered like last time, took car back and watched what he did.
now im no tyre fitter or trained in tpms but i did read a few post's on different internet sites so watched what he did compared to what was said on interent.
he said he had defo done it drove down road bang straight back on.
went back again and the boss tried fobbing me off saying it was been caused because on different wheel sensor.
i said mate all the other sensors work as they should he said how u know i said come with me droped the other 3 sensors down to 25 psi drove car round block when all 3 wheels lit up saying check pressure they blew tyres back up and out they went.
the tpms guy then siad he didnt know why it was doing it and would have to get someone else to do it.
this is what the tpms guy did.
scanned for the sensors and stored the codes.
so am i right in beleaving they sensors send out a signal and that is picked up by one reciver and the brain then knows that each code is set to each wheel?
so wouldnt he of had to manualy deleted the old code from drivers front and entered the new sensor code so the car knows that the singnal from that sensor is to that wheel?
as it stands at the minute i think the guy was pressing buttons and hoping for the best.
does he need to manualy delete front drives side wheel code and enter the new code?
also the guy got his hand help tpms sensor and went all round the car and all sensors was producing a signal.
This is no back street garage and is one of the big boys.
do they really know what they are doing
please help

chrisp45
Currently Drives:: 2005 megane 225 cup

Re: tpms sensor

Postby chrisp45 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:12 pm

update!!!!

Had phone call this morning to say the area trainer was at the garage and to bring the car down and he would sort it.
took car down he got his valve exciter out went road all four wheels getting the code's then reprogrammed them to the ecu.
(he had problem exciting front passenger wheel this was not the wheel that had fitted the new tpms sensor to last week but did eventually get it to work)
took car for drive within 5 miles came up again wheel sensor fault.
went back and he then phoned the people that supply the new tpms sensor (autogem i beleave) and they said there was no way the tpms valve would be faulty but they had a rep in the county and would send them with a newer programming tool.
The rep turn up went round the car with there i sensor tool and said the problem was with the front passenger tpms sensor even tho the screen in car had the front right wheel missing. the exciter read all the information that the tpms sensor was sending 30psi in every wheel but when the computer was pluged in the cars ecu the sensor that they had fitted last week to the drivers front said the tyre pressure was .003 bar , i then asked again could the sensor be faulty and the rep said defo no chance.
They then took the passenger wheel off and replaced the front passenger tpms even tho i told them there was nothing wrong with it but the rep said this was causing the drivers side to read tyre sensor fault.
so they manauly programmed the new sensor they fitted to front passenger side went round the car with the exciter tool and made sure the codes on the ecu matched what the code been sent by every tpms sensor. the exciter tool said there was 30 psi in every tyre but still the car was saying that the drivers side front wheel was telling the ecu it had 0.003 bar, they said that was ok because the i sensor exciter had read the tpms sensor and it had give a true reading and to take the car for a drive.
went for a drive 5 miles later guess what. car display came up wheel disappeared on drivers front and said tyre sensor fault was displayed.
drove back to the garage and i said to the rep for peace of mind change the drivers front tpms and reprograme it which they did went for a drive and guess what it never came back on.
so after all this the new tpms sensor they fitted last week to the drivers front was faulty.
on the up side they have fitted a brand new sensor to the passenger side front for free.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: tpms sensor

Postby Stranger » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Good end result, shame they wouldn't accept that perhaps the one they fitted was at fault :roll:
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Megane 225”