New Owner With Some Questions :)

Discussions around the Mégane 225.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

meso100
Currently Drives:: Megane 225

New Owner With Some Questions :)

Postby meso100 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Hey guys

New owner here as of yesterday and I have a few questions if anyone could help?:

1) The drivers window doesn't move at all when using the window button. I've heard of the horror stories about these but just wondered if it is water getting into the electrics is there any way to prevent it from happening again?

2) I went to the garage and queried the problem with them and they said its probably the wiring loom circa £150 part? So, from my research it could be a fuse, motor, wiring loom or regulator. Can the garage identify which part is at fault without replacing them one by one?

3) The tyre tread is low on the front, what are decent tyres to buy?

Thank you

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Re: New Owner With Some Questions :)

Postby morganjake1544 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:26 pm

If your car is under 7 years old Renault will cover 75% of window regulator cost.

See this link for tyre reviews:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

ayjvee
Currently Drives:: MEGANE 225 CUP 2005

Re: New Owner With Some Questions :)

Postby ayjvee » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:04 am

Hi, I'm a comparatively new owner too. My driver's side window rattles from down inside, which turns into a buzz at speed. The guy I bought it from told me he'd had the motor (?) done and waterproofed by someone on eBay by sending it away; he said the passenger side had also been done. Can't help with the eBay member I'm afraid, but it's on there somewhere. I did a lot of internet research about this and it seems to be a very common fault. Regards, Alec

Return to “Megane 225”