"BATTERY LOW"

Discussions around the Mégane 225.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kris86
Currently Drives:: Nimbus Megane R26

"BATTERY LOW"

Postby kris86 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:37 am

Hello guys/gals. My name is Kris, only joined up today as im searching for an answer to my problem. Looks like a helpful website so hopefully i may get some answers.

Car in question is a 57 plate Megane R26. Been getting some problems with the bugger lately though:

Driving along normally and i get "BATTERY LOW" and "STOP" written in the dash pod, presumed this isnt the card battery as that says "CARD BATTERY LOW". So i drove home, stopped it and come to the next day i thought id drive to halfords and get a new battery. Car wouldnt start. Got a new battery and fitted it, still wouldnt start! When i start i get this:

Press the brake and/or clutch then start, steering wheel unlocks, fuel pump fires up but it doesnt even try and turn over. Lights/radio all work fine so the new battery is doing its job, but wont even try and fire up. My dad's had the voltage meter on the battery, its all fine. Checked the 3 fuses ontop of the battery under the red cover, all fine.

Even tried jumping it from my dads car, again it doesnt even try and turnover.

Anyone had any experience of this as im at a loss. Due to go into renault tomorrow but if i can narrow it down before i give it to them that would be a great help..

Thanks

Kris

chewbacker
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: megane 19 dci

Re: "BATTERY LOW"

Postby chewbacker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:08 am

check the fusebox in the engine bay for water ingress, the lid may have as torx screw in it, these cars are really bad for this and they cause problems like you have, the ecu inside the fuse box is a protect and switch system so forms part of the system with tells the engine to turn over. they are not coded so a second hand one could be tried but make sure it's the same as there are several different types.

ikhan
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 DCi (106)

Re: "BATTERY LOW"

Postby ikhan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:05 pm

A guy I work with has a similar problem with his but he can get it started by doing the following:

Card in;

Press and hold the start button so the car goes into testing mode;

Roll the car;

2nd gear;

Release clutch whilst rolling;

Car fires up.

This is much like a push start I suppose, and I would have thought the starter is faulty, but the 'fix' he claims has left me a bit baffled...

If this works I'll tell you what his fix was (the guy who checked his car bench tested the starter and it was fine)....
Renault Megane 1.5dCi (106)
Lowered 45mm (Spax)
RenaultSport R26 Front & Rear Bumpers, Spoilers, Door Bullets, & Exhaust
6000k HIDs (H7 & H11), LED Side, No Plate, & Interior Lights
18" Inovit Tarmac Alloys (matt black)

Return to “Megane 225”