Newbie - Insurance please!

Discussions around the Mégane 225.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

mark996

Newbie - Insurance please!

Postby mark996 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here, so its nice to be part of the forum...

I picked up my 225 (5 door in black) a couple of days ago and am loving it so far, having traded in my BMW Z4 3.0 for it...I've had ALL the other hot hatches in the last 2 years though, so its nice to be back behind the wheel of something more wild!

I'm currently driving about on the free 7 days insurance that I was given when I bought it, having called my previous company (swiftcover) to swap it over only to be told they don't insure the megane renaultsport!?!? :conf

So, what companies do folk on here recommend??

I'm 33, 7 yrs NCB, no points and advanced driver due to my job... :police

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Mark.

bjwatsoR26
Currently Drives:: Megane R26 F1 Team

Re: Newbie - Insurance please!

Postby bjwatsoR26 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:43 pm

Hi Mark,

I'm also a new owner and called everywhere trying to get a decent quote. Eventually I settled with Admiral who quoted £430. I'm 29, have 8 years no claims and that also includes the mrs so very reasonable. I do own another car so it's a multicar policy which might make a difference.

Cheers, Ben

civic72

Postby civic72 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:32 pm

mark996 wrote:Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here, so its nice to be part of the forum...

I picked up my 225 (5 door in black) a couple of days ago and am loving it so far, having traded in my BMW Z4 3.0 for it...I've had ALL the other hot hatches in the last 2 years though, so its nice to be back behind the wheel of something more wild!

I'm currently driving about on the free 7 days insurance that I was given when I bought it, having called my previous company (swiftcover) to swap it over only to be told they don't insure the megane renaultsport!?!? :conf

So, what companies do folk on here recommend??

I'm 33, 7 yrs NCB, no points and advanced driver due to my job... :police

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Mark.

exact same thing happened to me ,i was insured by swiftcover on my rx8 but when i changed to the 225 on sat they wouldnt insure me on it ,so after loads of searching i found this place https://www.aviva.co.uk/?source=Z007&ent ... 4wod7WmmCA

they arent on the comparisson sites and beat everybody else by miles im 38 and i got quoted £406 on 8 yrs ncb
give them a try

sideswipe
Advanced Driver

Postby sideswipe » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:45 pm

Yes aviva are about the best you will get to insure your 225 , we got ours from them 328 with 8 years no claims and we had a claim 13th nov 2008, drunk driver ran into our other megane and writing it off , so I would say go with aviva m8.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

TODDY
Currently Drives:: MEGANE 1.6 16V DYNAMIQUE SPORTHATCH

Postby TODDY » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:28 pm

personaly i wouldnt go with aviva. I had my impreza insured with them and had nothing but hassle. overseas call centres that speak poor english. hassle getting proof of no claims sent out. hassle setting up policy in first place.

sideswipe
Advanced Driver

Postby sideswipe » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:48 pm

Never had to go through an overseas call centre m8 infact I didn't enough know they has one .
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

TODDY
Currently Drives:: MEGANE 1.6 16V DYNAMIQUE SPORTHATCH

Postby TODDY » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:35 pm

sideswipe wrote:Never had to go through an overseas call centre m8 infact I didn't enough know they has one .

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/markets/ar ... _page_id=3

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Postby BlueMeganeII » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:18 pm

Aviva are alright but the above is true and it is annoying. You WILL get a UK call centre when you call to start a new policy. You WILL get a foreign call centre when phoning up to complain, ask questions etc. I made a policy change and ended up with £55 going out of my account every month but a letter threatning to cancel my insurance and pass a debt to a debt collection company if I didn't pay. Turned out although the lovely foreign person had setup my direct debit then forgot to link it to my policy so just took the money. Aviva - best of a bad bunch because I've had much much worst, and will never use a broker again.

dl-c
Currently Drives:: Megane 225, seal grey.

Postby dl-c » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:33 am

I have just bought a 225. Got 11 yrs ncd, 30 years old. Was getting some silly prices although a Manchester post code doesn't help. Managed to get it for less than 500 quid through Adrian flux. Had insurance with them before and they're pretty good.
Worth a call.

Loz87
Currently Drives:: Megane 225

Postby Loz87 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:13 pm

Just bought 225 and for myself and my gf was £619 direct line, well worth a try as I'm 24 with 5 years ncd.

Return to “Megane 225”