autoglym...... never again

Used a good or bad product with your car? Share your experience here...

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

stephen1990
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1.4 dynamique ;) fear the roar of the 1.4 !

autoglym...... never again

Postby stephen1990 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:52 am

Bought some autoglym products a while ago, gave em a go and they were crap, followed the destructions and the results were terrible, car looked streaky and could still see marks, solution was be lazy and go to a car wash.

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: autoglym...... never again

Postby joeishmather » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:52 am

Lol, this is mine... No streaks ;-)
Used autoglym shampoo, srp and protector- not even waxed! :

So here are some before pics-Image

'snow foam'

Washed

Polished

Then sealed

All buffed and finnished

Sorry for the pic quality, just taken with my iPhone..

MartyW
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane CC 1.6 VVT in Ottoman Blue

Postby MartyW » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:10 pm

I have to agree autoglym is rubish i highly recomend maguires products much better.

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:32 pm

It's definatly not my favorite, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I highly rate autoglym! I now use dodo juice products which are unquestionably better!

In my opinion autoglym is not that bad tho, does the job.

edward2
Learner Driver

Postby edward2 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:43 pm

I also found that autolgym liquid polish less than brilliant when used on my old mg. Have never really been satised with anything other than hard wax buffed. Been meaning to wax my megane for some time but never got around to finding some rags to buffet with.

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:03 pm

I admire the dedication and sheer hard work that some members put into the cleaning, polishing, buffing, clay barring (?), detailing of their Meganes but it's not for me.

Mine gets washed once a month with some 'nuclear yellow' Simoniz soapy stuff (got it from Tesco at £1 for a litre, bought 5 litres and decanted into a jerry can - now got 10 years supply!) and I run a brush around the tyres with some stuff to make them black and shiny. Once a year I polish it with Autoglym (the one with the red label). It looks great when I've done it and it looks better than most of the neighbours' cars.

I read a thread on here a few weeks back and one correspondent wrote a full page on how he details his car. It ran to about 10 different processes and products. I'm afraid my patience doesn't last that long.

When I wash the car I can't get past the fact that it'll be dirty again in a couple of days.

However, I do understand that others take great pleasure from cosseting their pride and joy, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I think I'll just sit back and admire their work when the photos are posted.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

Return to “Product Tests”