boot size a.s.a.p please

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Rich_s

boot size a.s.a.p please

Postby Rich_s » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:53 pm

could someone please do me a favour and measure the Length x Width x Height of the boot, need to know if i can find a twin pram/buggy to fit in it

megane 5dr hatch by the way

Thanks

Rich_s

Re: boot size a.s.a.p please

Postby Rich_s » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:42 pm

cheers mate thats fantastic, hopefully the wilfe will have a megane soon then, looks like some prams will fit

30something
Learner Driver

Postby 30something » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:11 am

tbh the Megane boot is a real pain for pushchairs/buggies especially if you have other things in the boot at the same time as you usually have to put then in at an angle and then straightem them up once inside the (stupidly shaped) apeture.

Lets face it the Megane 'bum' looks unique but makes for a rubbish boot.

DoddsyR26
Currently Drives:: Liquid Yellow Megane R26

Postby DoddsyR26 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:33 pm

yeah its not a great size boot .. buggy but nothing else in it really

AlunWJS
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 'Sport Tourer' (estate) 1.6vvt, March 2004
MGB GT 1798cc 1970

Postby AlunWJS » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:04 am

Not long after it was launched the wife and I (pre kids) both saw the megane hatch and loved it, but took one look at the boot and cabin space and decided it wasn't sufficient. As soon as I saw the estate version I pretty much bought it on impulse as it ticked all of our boxes (again, pre kids), and now had the increased rear leg room and larger boot.

When we 'unexpectedly' had twin girls a year later we found that the estate more than coped with everything we could throw at it. It will comfortably take a double buggy, my cricket bag, all the paraphenalia that goes with young children including two sets of bulky toys, all in the boot with the load cover drawn over, nothing in the cabin but the four of us. In three years of ownership we've never had a situation where we didn't have enough space for everything, including regular trips to the isle of wight!

Apart from the occasional mechanical niggle I absolutely love the Megane. Just wish I could trust it 100%! Still get the orange flashing light, still have little bits of trim not quite fitting, still have wipers parked in the wrong place, but still puts a smile on my face when I drive it! :D Just hope it lasts until I no longer have to pay two lots of nursery fees!!! :sad
2004 Megane 'Sport Tourer' 1.6vvt (the one with all the problems! but to be fair has never let me down and is currently driving beautifully.......)

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”