equipment designations???

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Bludger

equipment designations???

Postby Bludger » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:38 pm

Hi again everyone, I understand the Megane has different levels of equipment. Namely Authentique, Privlidge etc... But when I go and look at a car....how can I tell the difference between a, say, Privlidge and a well optioned Authentique :?:

ashan
Currently Drives:: Megane II Dynamique

Re: equipment designations???

Postby ashan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:18 am

you can find it on the v5c or you can see it in the glove compartment

you can also make a search on hpicheck.com. it shows you the full designation of the car
03 Megane Dynamique 1.9 dCi 120

Bludger

Postby Bludger » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:13 am

So it is written inside the glove compartment like on the inside of the glove box door?

GTDave
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 08 Megane 2.0DCi GT 150 Mineral Blue 3 Door Sport hatch - Tune Point - Folding Mirrors - Handsfree Card - Phone Kit

Postby GTDave » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:22 pm

I think some of the older models have a small plaque type thing on the door of the glove compartment that you will see when it is opened.

The other place you could look is when you open the driver side door, look on the pillar where the catch for the lock is and there is a plate there that gives the exact spec (thats where it is on mine)

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Postby robznet » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:00 pm

As for the glovebox plate/sticker, my 54 reg dCi Dynamique has one, my 05 reg 1.4 Dynamique does not - only 6 months difference but it sure made it easier to check the spec, why do they love to make things so difficult? :banghead

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

terry_mccann
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane SportsTourer 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)
My gallery: http://meganeboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=3437&start=0

Postby terry_mccann » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:16 pm

afaik the cheap versions (at least of the PH I models) have those dreadful seats with grey and black squares on:

The privilege-models you normally can identify from their (in my view) nice beige interior.
this is mine, a confort privilege Grandtour from 2004:

What I do not know is if you can identify the middle series "dynamique"....
Megane Grandtour 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:44 pm

The one with the chequered seats had climate control which you'd normally find on the priviledge rather than just air conditioning so that must have been an option.
For the Phase 1 the Authentique and Expression had body coloured door handles. Air con was an option for the Authentique as was the CD RDS radio rather than the Radio/Cassette player. The Authentique only had electric windows on the front doors.
The Dynamique introduced the leather steering wheel and gear knob covers along with 'Ruche' charcoal grey cloth with grey accent upholstery. Door handles were satin chrome and 16" Nervastella wheels were standard rather than an option. It also had the Thatcham cat 1 alarm.
The Priviledge had 16" Reinastella wheels as standard, climate control, 6-disc multi-changer, electric folding mirrors, part leather upholstery, carpet mats (front), hands free card, illuminated vanity mirrors and electrochrome rear view mirror.
Options on the Expression and Dynamique were climate pack (climate control and heated front seats) and comfort pack (6 cd changer, hands free card. electric folding mirrors and panoramic glass roof).
Option on the Dynamique and Priviledge was handling pack (ESP with ASR traction control and CSV understeer control, tyre pressure monitor).
Option on Priviledge was luxury pack (panoramic glass roof, full leather upholstery and heated front seats)
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

terry_mccann
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane SportsTourer 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)

Postby terry_mccann » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:03 pm

@jonault

you are right about the chequered seats and the climate control, so forget what I said two posts above.

in germany privilege came in two versions:

confort privilege (such as mine) had manual A/C, non-electric mirrors and no disc changer. but it also had the electrochrome mirror and the partial leather trim with heated seats and the front mats
luxe privilege then was the even more upmarket version, which was fitted as you described.....including automatic A/C, electric mirrors and disc changer....

was that different in the UK? did you only have one privilege version?
Megane Grandtour 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:27 pm

On the phase 1 Priviledge (Sport and Sport Hatch) the options over the standard version were:

Option packs

Handling pack £450
Luxury pack £1,100

Items from the Option packs were available separately

Other optional items

17" Nervasport wheels £250
Cruise control with speed limiter £250
Metallic paint £350
Xenon double optic headlights £500

I do not know what other goodies were available for the Tourer or Saloon.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:28 am

Actually I wonder why Megane doesnt have the Initiale model. Thats very nice, got the clio in that trim and the only thing that is not standard on that car is Sunroof and ESP.

chewbacker
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: megane 19 dci

Postby chewbacker » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:38 pm

i'm confused
my log tells me that my car is a Dynamique but inside the glove box there is the sticker saying thats it's a
Priviledge. my spec is some where between the two but none are the same.
as it's a early 2003 model i wonder if it was a dealer show car and was loaded from the factory with everything possible at the time of launch.
has anyone come across the same problems.

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:22 pm

chewbacker wrote:i'm confused
my log tells me that my car is a Dynamique but inside the glove box there is the sticker saying thats it's a
as it's a early 2003 model i wonder if it was a dealer show car and was loaded from the factory with everything possible at the time of launch.

No I haven't, but the glove box can be changed for £180 (the lock often fails) so you might have a replacement. Odd.

Mine is a Dynamique and has auto lights/wipers, chrome painted handles, 16" alloys, a very good alarm/immobiliser, manual aircon, no heated seats (but the loom is present) and no cruise control or ESP or tyre pressure monitors or CD changer...

I'm guessing that individual cars appear as they are, mainly due to the options ordered at the time of purchase. It's confusing.

How does your car compare to mine in terms of specifications out of interest?
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Anthony
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 Renault Megane 1.5 dci 100

Postby Anthony » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:28 pm

davelowe wrote:
chewbacker wrote:i'm confused

No I haven't, but the glove box can be changed for £180 (the lock often fails) so you might have a replacement. Odd.

Mine is a Dynamique and has auto lights/wipers, chrome painted handles, 16" alloys, a very good alarm/immobiliser, manual aircon, no heated seats (but the loom is present) and no cruise control or ESP or tyre pressure monitors or CD changer...

I'm guessing that individual cars appear as they are, mainly due to the options ordered at the time of purchase. It's confusing.

How does your car compare to mine in terms of specifications out of interest?

You do have ESP. All Meganes do, it's what gives them the 5 star ncap rating.

Edit: have just checked and not sure they do now, sorry. I thought only cars with ESP can acheive a five star rating. :conf
2005 1.5dci 100 Sport Hatch -Gone!

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Postby BlueMeganeII » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:21 pm

All the Scenics do but don't think all the Meganes do.

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Hmmm. Have ABS - always assumed the ESP was an extra. Must find out the truth, but how?
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”