Im considering getting...

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

paulcoyle

megane extras

Postby paulcoyle » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:04 pm

The privilage tends to be marketed for the older people, I just think beige half leather interior and the beige console looks silly when all the other buttons stay black. Besides there are far more dymaniques on the market, privilages tend to be few and far between.

I know you can get black leather for the privilage but its rare as rocking horse poo.
megane gt mineral blue 180bhp diesel (ecu remap), superglass with tints.

megane 1.6 extreme, otto blue

clio 1.2 ripcurl black metallic

megane 230 soon end of feb

rach74
Learner Driver

Postby rach74 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:44 am

think you must be reading wrong spec for privilege, the priv has everything, mine is complet leather interior, you dont have the silly dials for controls they are all push button so look a lot smarter, comes with climate control, heated mirrors windows all round, hands free, parking sensors, and a hell of a lot more, perhaps you think its just for older people as they can afford the top of the range vehicle, personally i would never go lower than the priv as i find the other ranges to basic, i just like all the toys and creature comforts i suppose

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:46 pm

I'm with Rach74 on this one.

I'm 23 and I bought the Megane Privilege when I was 20. (actually about 3 yrs to today almost!).

I wanted a Megane (other choices were a Fabia vRS or a Corolla) and read the brochures. Immediately liked the Megane from the brochures alone.

Went to the dealers and saw a Dynamique and it was the first time I saw the non-climate control dash and I didn't like it. I also didn't want to pay for climate control either, nor did I intend to drive a car I wasn't happy with.

I went for the Privilege as it gave the better options for me over Dynamique. Also Renault finance had an offer on the model too!

Priv at the time had climate control, handsfree (a gadget I wanted at the time and still find useful and great) and the auto dimming mirror. It also came with a UV reflective windscreen.

Not sure what the spec on a Priv is now but the Climate Control is worth it... I don't have parking sensors... I bought cruise control as an option as I do a fair bit of long cruises.

rach74
Learner Driver

Postby rach74 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:04 pm

thanks ray :cool: , it comes with cruise control and speed limiter now as well, dont think you can go wrong with a privilege

markgodden2008

Postby markgodden2008 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:06 pm

i have owned my 1.6 dynamique for nearly a month now, and except needing 2 new coil packs, all is running well. compared with my old 1.3i fiesta, the megane sure has power. the insurance going to a 1.6 16v vvt fully comp from a 1.3i 1995 fiesta, was only an extra £250 for the 6 months left on policy which for a 19 year old i thought was good

economy is good, currently gettin 34mpg ave. from it, and thats thru town driving

the dynamique is good for gadgets, auto headlights, auto wipers, elec windows, central locking, adjustable steerin wheel, elec windows, plenty of gadgets which i love, mind u prob coz the old fiesta did lack them rather!!!!

i love my dynamique and would never part with it!!!!! gotta love the colour, citrus green! have also fitted new number plates which are a standard 3d font with chrome border, goes very well with the bumper trim (grey) on the dynamique!!!
02, 52 reg Megane 1.6 16v VVT Dynamique in Citrus Green with 16 inch Nervastella alloys!

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”