Dynamique 1.9 dCi July 2003 plate

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

flash gunner

Dynamique 1.9 dCi July 2003 plate

Postby flash gunner » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:59 pm

Just been reading some of the stories on here and to be honest its scaring the s**t out of me. Ive just bought my first megane after having Fords and needing a diesel opted for the megane as i love the look, extras and mpg etc its a Dynamique 1.9 dCi registered July 2003..... On the top gear website it recomends getting a 1.9dCi about 4-4.5 years old so mixed opinions.

I have got a 6 months warranty with the main dealer i bought it from. Am I in for a bad time of it? I got a good deal but thinking of selling it on now..... Any advice? Where abouts is the fuse box that gets wet so often?

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Don't forget that most people don't post up when they have had no problems whatsoever, only when they need help.
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

flash gunner

Postby flash gunner » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:37 pm

Thanks mate didnt think of that, helps a bit cheers

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:47 pm

All round they're good motors, the early 1.6 VVT ones 03, 53, 04 plates were the most problematic. Correct servicing is a major thing and, with the dCi if you do a search you'll find plenty of evidence to support more frequent oil and filter changes than manufacturer stipulates.

Have fun with yours, I only wish I could get the mpg that yours will get :wink:
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:02 pm

wet fuse box is behind the battery
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

flash gunner

Postby flash gunner » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:12 pm

Thanks everyone really appreciate your advice :cool:

jan.gerrard

none starter

Postby jan.gerrard » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:07 pm

hi im new to the forum, ive had my megane dci for about 4 months and love it, or should i say did, untill it refused to start last week, its a 54 reg, i had a fuse blow after charging my mobile, when i put cig lighter back a small piece of metal was left behind resulting in loss of window washers, radion not turning of when i lock car, decided to check fuses, after i had done this tried to start car, this started for about 30 secs then engine cut out, it ticks over but will not start, ive now left it with my local renault dealer, who im affraid to say dont seem to know what they are doing, as anyone else out there had any simlar probs? i would be most grateful for any help, cheers jan

FieldsOfFire

Postby FieldsOfFire » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:24 pm

In response to flash gunner:
Some of the stories have also been worrying me. However i have had '03 1.9dci for about 8 months and no problems with the turbo as yet! Only problem ive had is with steering lock. Otherwise fantastic car, fingers crossed it stays that way!

In response to jan.gerrard:
Hi, im afraid i cant offer any advice on that but my cigarette lighter is also screwed! It will heat actual cigarette lighter element, but will not charge sat nav/phone charger. SO if you come up with anything on tht let me know.

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”