standard head unit

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

pocket
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Mineral Blue Megane GT dCi 150

standard head unit

Postby pocket » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:09 pm

dunno if this would be better suited to might be better in the ice forum but it is a pre purchase question.

so are the standard head unit and speakers ok(on the dynamique/GT)? I've got a low spec astra as a company car at the moment and the sound is awfull. 200 seems a shocking price to upgrade to an mp3 cd, is that all it adds or is it any better then the standard one?

also thinking of getting tunepoint. does it take a usb hdd or is it just usb mem sticks? is there a limit on cd folders or tracks through this?

ta in advance.

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:50 pm

hi mate, ive a dynamique or wotever its called. and my sound is dead on. it could be better yes and if your willing to invest hundreds of pounds on car audio it would be. but as far as standard set up come in a car its better than most id say.

i did fancy a new HU but i like the flush finnish the standard one has that all the other ones dont. as for tunepoints and that i couldnt tell you a thing, im sure some1 will answer soon tho. but yeah! standard kit is great if as long as your not a bass junkie lookin' for an in car concert.

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:47 pm

I'm happy with the standard stereo as well - it's much better than in the 307 I used to drive.

I think the tunepoint will allow for a hard drive, as long as it can be powered
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

30something
Learner Driver

Postby 30something » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:16 am

The standard unit is pretty good, there is a good range of adjustment available with the bass, treble and loudness controls so it's easy to get the sort of sound you want.

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:46 am

i just bought some of the pioneer ts-q131c speakers (the ones designed for renault) and tweeters for £71.00 posted. the only mod il be makin' to my audio, been told there much better and not to expensive so i took the plunge.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:48 am

I had a set of Pioneers in my Megane and they made a big difference with the standard head unit.

They are now in the Laguna and have improved the sound from the standard HU in that too. :D
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”