To buy or not, advice/help needed!!

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Wingers

To buy or not, advice/help needed!!

Postby Wingers » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:14 pm

Hello all,

First post so please be gentle. Looking at changing my Seat leon TDi for a 2006/55 Blue 5 door Megane Renaultsport 225 and wondering on what to watch out for and actual running costs etc.
Renault say 32mpg ish average but Ford said 31mpg for Focus ST which is about 25ish at best!
Don't do many miles a year, so fuel consumption etc isn't that much of an issue, but would still like to know. Also servicing costs as well,

Thanks in advance, Tony

MeganeChick
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Black Gold '06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, blanking plate, custom air intake feed, RSTuning remap (255bhp), ITG panel filter, Samco silicon air intake pipe, Forge Intercooler, renaultsport alloy wheel decals, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Postby MeganeChick » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:34 pm

you might want to check out the http://www.meganesport.net forum for contact with lots of people with this car.

i would say go for it - its a great car :D

how much u looking at?
'06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, tuned, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Wingers

Postby Wingers » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:37 pm

Its up at £9995, done 40k, which I know is a lot for a 2 year old car, but we've only done 3k in the last 7 months as I cycle to work and the wife doesn't work. Just want something a bit more enjoyable to drive when I do go out in it!!
Have also tried that website, waiting 4 username to be verified etc, o have no access to theads yet, thanks

Tony

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Postby Privilege » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:04 pm

You don't say what year your Leon is, but I had a Leon back in 2001 and I think you will find a drop in solidity with a Megane, even the later ones.

I am not saying the Megane is badly built, but it just hasn't got the solid feel that the Leon has.

Just my opinion of course ;-)
Audi A3 Sportback: Mar 07: 1.6 SE: Tiptronic: Dolphin Grey

jason
Currently Drives:: GT 150

TLC

Postby jason » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:31 am

IF YOU LOOK AFTER IT FELLA A BIT OF T L C YOU CAN KEEP THE COSTS LOW WE GIVE UP TO 20% OFF SERVICING 25% OFF TIMING BELT REPLACMENT ON ALL RENANLT SPORT MEMBERS.

VERY NICE MEGANE TO DRIVE & LOTS FUN DRIVING IT.

IF YOU DO WHAT TO KEEP THE COST DOWN THOU THE 175 GT DIESEL MEGANE IS THE 225 SPEC JUST AS QUICK 40MPG .... :cool:

GOOD LUCK

JASON......... :wink:
Megane II GT 150 "07"

LizAyre

Postby LizAyre » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:14 pm

I'm not sure how to use this chat thing, so apologies!

I am thinking of buying a 2ltr automatic megane from a family member.

The only issue I have is that it's got a lot of mod cons...it's got sat nav, heated seats, reversing warning beebs etc etc, and I'm concerned that when it comes to getting this thing serviced it's going to cost me an arm and a leg!

Aside from that, I always think the more a car has, the more there is to go wrong!

Does anyone have any of these features, and if so, what are your experiences with them failing, getting them fixed etc? I can't afford to be constantly getting the car seen to.

Many thanks!

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Postby Privilege » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:04 pm

My answer in your original post :)
Audi A3 Sportback: Mar 07: 1.6 SE: Tiptronic: Dolphin Grey

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”