Electrochrome mirror

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

GM

Electrochrome mirror

Postby GM » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Hi. I currently have a 1.9 dci Privilege Megane CC 53 plate. I am getting a new Megane CC, same engine but Dynamique with Comfort Pack. I love the car, so thought I'd upgrade for peace of mind. It'll have everything I'm used to that my Privelege model has plus cruise control. However, I don't think it has an electrochrome dimming mirror - since it's only a Dynamique model. Does anyone know if I could have a Renault dealer fit one - and if so, how much is it likely to cost?

kmarty
Learner Driver

Re: Electrochrome mirror

Postby kmarty » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:10 pm

GM wrote:Does anyone know if I could have a Renault dealer fit one - and if so, how much is it likely to cost?
Remove upper cover of mirror holder and look for free 2-pin connector. If you see it, you have almost 100% chance (you can assure self with multimeter. With ignition on, this connector have +12V).
Mirror costs approximately £140 (two years old price).
I did it in my Expression Confort and work perfectly.
MEGΛNE Expression Grand Tour/Grandtour/Estate/Tourer 1.6 automat - 2005
sorry for my poor english
Image (Image)

adrimo

Postby adrimo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:52 pm

GM wrote:Hi. I currently have a 1.9 dci Privilege Megane CC 53 plate. I am getting a new Megane CC, same engine but Dynamique with Comfort Pack. I love the car, so thought I'd upgrade for peace of mind. It'll have everything I'm used to that my Privelege model has plus cruise control. However, I don't think it has an electrochrome dimming mirror - since it's only a Dynamique model. Does anyone know if I could have a Renault dealer fit one - and if so, how much is it likely to cost?

im sure this is standard on dynamique it is on my scenic.

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Postby Privilege » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:26 am

adrimo wrote:
GM wrote:Hi. I currently have a 1.9 dci Privilege Megane CC 53 plate. I am getting a new Megane CC, same engine but Dynamique with Comfort Pack. I love the car, so thought I'd upgrade for peace of mind. It'll have everything I'm used to that my Privelege model has plus cruise control. However, I don't think it has an electrochrome dimming mirror - since it's only a Dynamique model. Does anyone know if I could have a Renault dealer fit one - and if so, how much is it likely to cost?

Not since about mid to late 2004 if I remember correctly :?

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:10 pm

Privilege wrote:
adrimo wrote:

Not since about mid to late 2004 if I remember correctly :?

+1, it was standard on my dynamique (early 2004) but has laterly been removed from the spec for the dynamique.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

GM

Postby GM » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:48 pm

Yeah I thought it has been removed from the Dynamique spec. That's a shame. Oh well. I don't want to go about removing my mirror in the new car incase I mess it up... Suppose I'll just ask a dealer. Thanks you guys for your help

Celticking
Passed Theory

Postby Celticking » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:26 pm

Its not even standard on the megane GT, I think only the privilege model gets it now

Bummer

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:18 am

The electrochrome mirror only requires a power supply, it's always on when the ignition is on so you can always run power to it if you have to.
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:16 pm

Celticking wrote:Its not even standard on the megane GT, I think only the privilege model gets it now

Bummer

does Privilege model exist anymore? I went on the renault site and only saw the lower models.. dynamique.. the dyn. S and GT and RenaultSport options...

peter thompson
Just Passed

Postby peter thompson » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:27 pm

Hi gang it does look like the privilege trim is no longer available on the hatch. It looks like it now called the dynamique-s as it as the same spec as what was the privilege. It come with the dark interia instead of the biege trim.
pete
Megane II 2006 Dynamique in Quartz with Climate, hands free, mp3+multi disc, cruise control, rear parking sensors. It's fantastic II

rach74
Learner Driver

Postby rach74 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:36 pm

i have a meg cc privilege on 07 plate so they still make the priv range on their cc's and i think they still do on their meg sport saloons

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”