New CC Special Edition Dynamique S

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

DaveP
Advanced Driver

New CC Special Edition Dynamique S

Postby DaveP » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:42 pm

Has anyone seen the new S version of the CC yet? We are changing our CC (another story) and the S seems to offer the best value as leather and integrated paint are included for about £700 less than the regular dynamique with the same bits added as options. The only thing is that I'm not alltogether sure about the satin chrome roof arches - might look fantastic but might look a bit rubbish. Also the wheels on the S are the same as the GT wheels but in shiny chrome rather than the dark chrome on the GT, again not convinced. The dealer says that none have arrived in the country to look at but we want to get the order placed asap. Also the colour choice on the S is a bit limited (black, quartz or tempest - the latter is a special colour only available on the S, this what all the pix on the renault website are showing) The tempest colour is available on clios too - I've seen it on that and it looks great but you can never be sure without seeing it in the flesh on the actual car. Has anyone seen one? does anyone have an opinion?
At the end of the day... ..it gets dark

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Re: New CC Special Edition Dynamique S

Postby Privilege » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:56 am

DaveP wrote:.... The only thing is that I'm not alltogether sure about the satin chrome roof arches - might look fantastic but might look a bit rubbish.

As in the Citroen Pluriel :shock: Hmmmm, not sure on that one.

Chrome wheels can look ok on the right car and right colour - usually a dark colour looks good :)

Is Tempest the very dark metallic brown?? I have seen that on a Clio III and in the right light it looked very good - had a hint of dark bronze in it too, but out of the sun it just looked like brown and reminded me of the Brazil Brown that you could get the Austin Princess in back in the 70's :?

Hope you get some pictures in time to make your choice :D

DaveP
Advanced Driver

Postby DaveP » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:14 pm

I've found some pictures - the tempest colour is a grey/blue. I like the colour and I think it looks good in the pix, I just wish I could see one in the flesh!

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:17 pm

Congrats on finding the pics at least I can stop looking for some now :lol:
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

andspenka
Advanced Driver

Postby andspenka » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:00 pm

I don't like those roof arches at all, but out of the two the lighter silver one looks better than the bluey/greeny one.
1.6 CC Dymanique in Ottoman Blue

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Postby Privilege » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:56 pm

andspenka wrote:I don't like those roof arches at all, but out of the two the lighter silver one looks better than the bluey/greeny one.

I agree :)

^Andy^
Pass Plus

Postby ^Andy^ » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:10 pm

Privilege wrote:
andspenka wrote:I don't like those roof arches at all, but out of the two the lighter silver one looks better than the bluey/greeny one.

I agree :)

It makes it look like a giant Vauxhall Tigra :?

DaveP
Advanced Driver

Postby DaveP » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:03 pm

When you say the lighter silver one are you talking about our current CC (the one in my avatar)? The pix of the S are all of the same car, just lit from different angles!

I think we've pretty much decided we will go for this colour (despite the silver roof!) An extra £750 for a dynamique with the bits is just too much and we could probably get the roof arch sprayed for less if we decide we don't like it when we get it!

DaveP
Advanced Driver

Postby DaveP » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:08 pm

Found another pic (from a renault news article) this is supposedly the same colour but looks completely different in the light shown here. I like this one more so I hope this is what it will actually look like.

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:32 pm

I like it especially the colour!! And think the roof arches could look good.. 8)

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:38 pm

not really keen on cc cars in general but have to say the colour is nice :)
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Postby Privilege » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:57 am

DaveP wrote:Image

Found another pic (from a renault news article) this is supposedly the same colour but looks completely different in the light shown here. I like this one more so I hope this is what it will actually look like.

The car definatley looks better in that pic and the silver windscreen surround looks good too, but I am still not convinced about the rest of the silver arch line :?

Hope it end up looking as good as you hope :D

Terwish

Postby Terwish » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:53 pm

A word of advice.........

be prepared for a long wait!

I placed my order for a Black 2L Auto CC Dynamique S 6 weeks ago and should have been collecting it next Friday..... had even booked the day off work!

BUT...... I have just (as in yesterday) been told there is a production delay and that the new "estimated" arrival date is likely to be...Mid JUNE!!!!

To say I am dissappointed is a bit of an understatement - all this glorious weather and no cabriolet!!

I really hope it is worth the wait!

I have seen the S model in the bright blue and apart from the fact that i don't like blue cars (!) it did look great - and the leather looked amazing - much nicer than the putty colour of the Privelage.

So back to waiting patiently and rubbing the print off the brochure!

Trish

Mat
Pass Plus

Postby Mat » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:07 pm

Anoying but could be worse. My neighbour ordered his Leon in Around April last year, it was due for delivery in August and he didn't get it until early december. Only good thing about it was he ended up with the FR which wasn't out when he made the first order. They let him change it as it wasn't built
Megane II Dynamique 2.0L VVTi 2004

andspenka
Advanced Driver

Postby andspenka » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:29 pm

DaveP wrote:

When you say the lighter silver one are you talking about our current CC (the one in my avatar)? The pix of the S are all of the same car, just lit from different angles!

No I didn't realise the were the same car! I thought they were 2 different ones. In that case then it looks better in the first pic than the second one.

1.6 CC Dymanique in Ottoman Blue

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”