DPF or not

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

marc73
Currently Drives:: Peugeot 5008 2.0 HDi (150BHp)

DPF or not

Postby marc73 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:59 am

Hi there,

I am looking to get a megane II and have my eye on a 58 plate 1.5dci which also has panoramic sunroof. Firstly could anyone out there advise as to whether this would have a DPF (as I wish to avoid these), and secondly, it's looks like this will still only be £30/yr as it is the 86bhp not the 106bhp, does this sound correct.

Cheers, Marc

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: DPF or not

Postby Stranger » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Can't help on the DPF but, as a diesel driver with a DPF equipped car mines been fine in 4 years and almost 35k.

Usually the 86 is £30 RFL but, the sunroof which is a heavy bit of kit, pushes it up into the next bracket. However, there've been plenty of anomolies one of which was my Mrs' 86 with full sunroof that was still only £30 RFL. Best thing to do is ask the seller and then if in doubt run the registration through that new fangled DVLA website thingamijig.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:12 pm

my Mrs' 86 with full sunroof that was still only £30 RFL

...if the sunroof was part of the standard spec, like on the 'Oasis', then the £30 is correct. If it was an optional extra then the tax was more.

(However, cock ups do occur.)

86bhp does not have a particle filter you'll be pleased to know.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:49 pm

morganjake1544 wrote:
my Mrs' 86 with full sunroof that was still only £30 RFL

...if the sunroof was part of the standard spec, like on the 'Oasis', then the £30 is correct. If it was an optional extra then the tax was more.

(However, cock ups do occur.)

:)

It was dynamique with the sunroofordered as an optional extra, strangely enough though it was the Renaukt salesmans car prior to us buying it from him for my Mrs :?
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”