Convertible

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Zac1973
Currently Drives:: Jaguar S Type

Convertible

Postby Zac1973 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi guys, I would like to pick your brains. I'm going to look at a 54 plate convertible and would like to know if they are as bad as the write ups suggest, Also if there is anything I should look out for. Thanks for any help you can provide

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Convertible

Postby Stranger » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Not specific to the convertible but all Meg IIs; check for water ingress in boot, doors, fr and rr floor and bulkhead, check that all electrics work and of course a minimum of FSH, preferably with interim oil and filter changes too and with all recall work done.

I'm sure that our friendly CC owners will be along with specific tips shortly :-)
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

MatSa
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 2008 Megane cc

Postby MatSa » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:26 am

Check all the rubbers around where the roof has joins. They do leak there if haven't been cleaned and looked after. Check that all windows work on there separate switchs and the main 1 to bring all the windows down.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:00 pm

A convertible or a sunroof in the UK weather?.. Better get a hatch and draw the sun on the ceiling liner! An old convertible will double your expenses. CCs feel heavy as well.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

SeanT999
Currently Drives:: 2001 VW T4 Caravelle
2002 Alfa Romeo 156 Sportwagon
2002 Yamaha Fazer 600
2005 Renault Megane CC

Postby SeanT999 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:37 pm

Stranger wrote:Not specific to the convertible but all Meg IIs; check for water ingress in boot, doors, fr and rr floor and bulkhead, check that all electrics work and of course a minimum of FSH, preferably with interim oil and filter changes too and with all recall work done.

I'm sure that our friendly CC owners will be along with specific tips shortly :-)

Where do you find out what recalls were made on a specific model, please??

Ta

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:22 pm

SeanT999 wrote:
Stranger wrote:Not specific to the convertible but all Meg IIs; check for water ingress in boot, doors, fr and rr floor and bulkhead, check that all electrics work and of course a minimum of FSH, preferably with interim oil and filter changes too and with all recall work done.

Where do you find out what recalls were made on a specific model, please??

Ta

I don't know if it's still do able but the easiest way was to log in to Renault UK website, input your reg number and find out that way, otherwise a trip to a dealer and they should be able to tell you.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

SeanT999
Currently Drives:: 2001 VW T4 Caravelle
2002 Alfa Romeo 156 Sportwagon
2002 Yamaha Fazer 600
2005 Renault Megane CC

Postby SeanT999 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Stranger wrote:I don't know if it's still do able but the easiest way was to log in to Renault UK website, input your reg number and find out that way, otherwise a trip to a dealer and they should be able to tell you.

There's a My Renault thing, just signed up for that. Lists no safety or quality bulletins... Think I'll ring the local dealer all the same.

Thanks Stranger
Sean

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”