Megane problems

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kevinfourlegs
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Scenic 1.5 dCi Dynamique Tom Tom

Megane problems

Postby kevinfourlegs » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:02 pm

I've just read the problems about the Megane. There are issues, but are the cars any worse than others of the same age? I guess there are some that will read the problem page and run a mile. Not all the Megane IIs are prone to all the issues, are they?

I know that I may well be taking a gamble on bringing one back to life after it has been stood out in the open for the past five or six months, but I guess I'm nuts.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Megane problems

Postby Stranger » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:18 pm

My view is that there's good and bad in all marques. I've had 3 Renaults 2 of which were Meganes and 1 of which was problem free with the other only giving me a couple of niggles which were soon sorted by my ever helpful dealer, my 5GT Turbo now that did give me some problems but to be fair I caused most of them myself :lol:

I currently drive a Skoda which is a fantastic car but I've had a few minor issues with it and the dealer has been downright atrocious easily the worst I have ever known from any of the marques I've had. I won't be buying one again or at least I won't be buying one which is still within warranty because it's not worth the paper it's written on.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

taffyhl
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane II 1.9 dynaique

Postby taffyhl » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:33 pm

I may have been unlucky but I've had more trouble in one year with my 1.9dci 2004 than I had with all my previous cars put together! Just seems very fragile and suffer in our poor weather. Previous Primera still going strong after 13 years and 193k miles, doubt this Megan's will get anywhere near that before an expensive fault sends it to the scrappies. :lol:

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:23 pm

Had my 2005 1.5dci for seven and a half years, never let me down. Little niggles fixed early on under warranty apart from one electric window which cost me £35 to fix myself.
:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

Rachybaby889
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6 2007 vvt privillage petrol

Postby Rachybaby889 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:45 pm

I had a 53reg dynamic 1.9 turbo deisel back a year ago had nothing but problems they all followed one after the other
1st it was the clutch (£950) due to it being a diesel so i paid and had it done thinking that would be the last of it
Boy was i wrong next followed electrical faults,cutting in and out in rain not starting ect had to wait for it to dry out
Then the Turbo decided to give way and along followed the injectors and turbo leak :( ,I got rid then ...

But it was only today i decided to get 07REG megane 1.6 petrol 5door these clutches are only £350ish on petrol models and also no turbo :)
just hoping this one runs perfect with no faults

so if i recommended one to u it would be the petrol model id go for!!
Hope this helps PS MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”