potential new megane sport owner

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

felix

potential new megane sport owner

Postby felix » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:28 pm

i currently drive a 2008 vauxhall astra 1.8 sri and am an active member on a few forums to do with the vehicle, mainly modding, i have been to a few shows this year and although i dont have a mega sporty car, i take pride in what i own. it has beem modded mostly in a styling way as the vvt engine isnt very tuneable for the cost vs power gains.

anyway, a friend at work has a white renault megane sport f1 team R26 with an RS tuning map taking it to 275bhp, LSD, de cat exhaust (possibly a stage 1) not sure what else has been done, full leather sports pack, keyless and all the other top spec feature, double din pioneer touchscreen dvd/apps based radio and i phone lead, plus many more extras added. he is thinking of selling, took me for a spin in it earlier and its rapid! it used to belong to the gaffa at RS tuning.

there are a few minor blemishes to the car - some paint peeling off the front bumper (nothing a decent body shop cant sort out), and the plastic trim around the stereo has a crack in it (hopefully easy to swap over) , but otherwise seems in pretty sound condition.

is there anything i should know about this model in particular? any known problems i should look out for etc????

i will be looking at possibly modding the car further (tidy the engine bay up for example)

so yeah, thoughts, comments etc

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”