My First Megane II

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Bertisport

My First Megane II

Postby Bertisport » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:19 am

Hello Everyone!

I’ve just put down a deposit on a 53 plate 1.9DCI Expression Tourer.
Service history
Belt and water pump @79k
Serviced @87k
MOT Jan14
Four new Tyres
Great condition, except Temic unit on the Passenger door has died (meh… should be able to change that)
I’ve gone for a Renault again because for the money they’ve provided great service to me and my extended family. I previously have owned a 51 Megane I 1.9dci Expression, a X reg 1.9dci Alize Scenic (can you see a theme developing here??), an S reg 1.6e Scenic and of course a 1.2 Clio I Versaille. Added to this my missus is currently enjoying more than 8years of ownership out of a X-reg 1.4 base model Scenic I (phase 2) that’s toured France twice as well as the welsh mountains more times than Ivor the engine, My sister in law owns a Megane II 225cup and the mother-in-law runs the sister in law’s old 2004 Clio 1.2 Dynamique.
My last Megane sadly took a bullet for me in January , when it went into the side of a HGV on the motorway after hitting some ice. I walk away… sadly the Megane didn’t since then I’ve been on a push bike until I found something decent.
It’s going to be used as a family bus, Commuter, Race Transporter for my karting and R/C race gear, Photo shoot transport (I write occasionally for a R/C magazine) and last but not least – Camper – Yep I’ll be sleeping in it at this year’s British 24hr kart race.

The Questions
• OK , start with a random one. Does the Tourer have a 12v plug in the back? I can’t remember ?
• Where can I get replacement door grabs for the front passenger side (peeling)
• How strong are the 6-cog gearboxes? - the Scenic dci went all atomic-pepper-grinder on me, locking in the middle of a motorway roundabout and cost me a bucket load to replace even with a recon.

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: My First Megane II

Postby freelanderuk » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:42 am

Hi and welcome to the forums :D
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

12noon
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6 Authentique 2005

Postby 12noon » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:25 pm

Bertisport wrote:Where can I get replacement door grabs for the front passenger side (peeling).

Have a look on ebay. I think they cost about £20.
Mine have gone the same, but i might just touch them up with silver paint. I've no idea how hard they are to take off and replace.
2005 Renault Megane Dynamique 1.6 16V (Manual / Petrol)

pfeek114
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane MK2 1.5 DCI

Postby pfeek114 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:15 am

if your on about the silver parts on the door you hold to open and close, you can pick them up from the scrapyard, mine were black and going horrible too, so i found a set of silver ones of a GT model, they simply prise of from the bottom. Cost me £5
Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow.........No Smoke, No Poke

almcgrail
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane II tourer 130

Postby almcgrail » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi, my tourer has no 12v in the rear, only up front. However, i believe you can buy extra ones on a long wire to fit yourself off ebay.

Bertisport

Postby Bertisport » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:40 pm

Thanks everyone,

RE:12v in the back I've just decided to by two 7" chinese tablets with video playback and decent memory. I'll velrco them to the back of the front headrests rather than fight with a the old and drecrepid dvd unit we had that ran off the 12v.

Loving the car so far - apart from the washer bottle leak I posted in the porblems section :roll:

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”