bet uv never been asked this lol

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

joemac666
Currently Drives:: mondeo diesel, bmw 320

bet uv never been asked this lol

Postby joemac666 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi Guys

Just joined tonight to ask the usual questions before buying. I've searched through the forum a bit and cant see an answer to my specific question for year and age but apologies if its been answered. I've taken a notion for a 1.9dci megane basically due to the price and so on......moneys pretty tight so I'm looking at an 03/04 plate and most seem to have around 90 to over 100k miles. I guess the question is am i nuts and go see the doctor in the morning or could you assume that all the big problems have been ironed out? I have no probs with "annoying" things but is there a list thats not too long that will/might happen at that mileage? I'm realistic and no matter about some of the guys that say stay away I'm thinking all cars can give problems at those miles but if the megane is favourite for big probs then I will look at the focus etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: bet uv never been asked this lol

Postby freelanderuk » Fri May 31, 2013 4:38 am

Hi and welcome
make sure its got full service history and the service interval is 9000 miles not 18000
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

joemac666
Currently Drives:: mondeo diesel, bmw 320

Re: bet uv never been asked this lol

Postby joemac666 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:26 am

Thanks. Just found out the service history is only up to 60k by renault. No other history available except some tipex giving mileage the belt was done at on the engine........any idea whats it worth? Sept 04 1.9dci, 1 year mot, 2 keys, vg condition, 3 door.

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”