1.5 DCi few issues

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

s1oany
Currently Drives:: Megane mk2 1.5 dci

1.5 DCi few issues

Postby s1oany » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 am

Good morning everybody. I bought an 04 plate Megane 2, 1.5 DCi on Saturday it had been on the forecourt about 40mins before I showed up to pick up my ford galaxy from mot. Short story I ended up part exchanging my galaxy for the Megane which impressively has really low miles 1 owner fsh and it is in mint condition and it was fairly priced for a dealer. rare find for my luck these days lol.

My reason for the post is Ive read about the dreaded "check injection, service" messages on the dash to which this Megane has displayed as well. The dealer Ive bought it from is local and said no matter the cost hes going to cover it as he wasn't expecting it to sell so quickly either way he was going to fix it off his own back as the warranty he has will also pay for it. I even have written assurance I wont be paying a penny for any repairs between now and the time I pick it up :grin exhaust seems a little loose must be a mount will throw that in when I drop it off later as well :devil

Just as a courtesy to him shall I mention that a possible problem could be the whole fueling system such as fuel pump, lines, fuel rail, replacement injectors could all need replacing and possibly the pump maybe disintegrating or should I just let his mechanics do the job. from what Ive read it could be a whole number of issues.

Thanks in advance

s1oany
Currently Drives:: Megane mk2 1.5 dci

Re: 1.5 DCi few issues

Postby s1oany » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:44 pm

So it turned out the boost pipe leading to or from the turbo had a split in and was put on order and replaced accordingly. As previously mentioned all repairs are covered and I won't have to put my hand in my pocket "written on paper" so any probs with the Megane are covered for the next 2 weeks. In all fairness to the dealer they have been superb cannot fault them with service to their customers.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

So far I am v.happy with the Megane had a lil drive around earlier doing "bits n bobs" managed an average 62.4 MPG very impressed.

Will make a new thread in a relevant section relating to previous motors modified and improved by myself in the recent years :ot

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”