Right Fellas

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

brianhaha
Currently Drives:: Mini Cooper, for 2 days, then Megane II cc

Right Fellas

Postby brianhaha » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:00 pm

I've been fancying a Megane II cc for a while so I've been lurking, finally bit the bullet as a local garage had knocked £500 of the price (for winter) so I've put down a deposit, subject to a test drive.

I've picked up a few things to look for, but I'm not a mechanical kind of guy, so help a brother out.

I know I need to look at the wear of the rear tyres, but the car in question has been sitting for a while and 2 of the tyres were ruined due to cracking along the sides anyway (might be a warning sign tbh)
The garage had kept the passenger side door lock cap off, apparently they have it, so that shouldn't be an issue
What should I really be looking for during the test drive? should I hammer it into corners?
would it be unreasonable to take it during the test drive to a car wash and blast the seals with a pressure washer? I'm thinking thats fair game?
Whats meant to be under the CD in the centre console? its blank atm, is that standard?
In the rear side plastic trim, there are circles at either side, what are these for? is something missing?

Any help much appreciated

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Re: Right Fellas

Postby morganjake1544 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:55 pm

The garage had kept the passenger side door lock cap off, apparently they have it, so that shouldn't be an issue

This was 'kept off' most likely because the car has been sitting around and not run/started regularly and the battery has gone flat, so access is gained using the hidden lock because central locking inop.

As with all Meganes, check all the electrical items work and that the A/c works properly.

Insist on both keycards at point of delivery as it will be murder trying to get a spare out of them at a later date.

Make sure you get the service history and the book pack.

would it be unreasonable to take it during the test drive to a car wash and blast the seals with a pressure washer?

Don't expect it to be watertight, it's a convertible. Soft top or hard top they all leak to a lesser or greater degree.

Whats meant to be under the CD in the centre console? its blank atm

Standard head unit is single DIN size so underneath is a recessed plastic cubby hole (unless mutichanger is fitted).

In the rear side plastic trim, there are circles at either side, what are these for? is something missing?

Presumably the speakers are behind these.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

brianhaha

Postby brianhaha » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Cheers,
got it home today. The wholes arent the speakers though, we are talking about an inch diameter,

brianhaha

Postby brianhaha » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm now thinking they are for a wind break?

MartyW
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane CC 1.6 VVT in Ottoman Blue

Postby MartyW » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:14 pm

brianhaha wrote:I'm now thinking they are for a wind break?

yes there for the wind break

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”