picking up my 1.4 2004 megane next week

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Re: picking up my 1.4 2004 megane next week

Postby morganjake1544 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:07 pm

benefit is a lower MPG figure

Higher MPG I think Dave means, lower fuel consumption.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:23 pm

morganjake1544 wrote:
benefit is a lower MPG figure

Higher MPG I think Dave means, lower fuel consumption.

:)

Oh arse! Sorry!! Better fuel economy is indeed what I meant..... School boy error!

You know it's those continentals who measure fuel by litres per kilometre or some such thing that has me all of a muddle. :D Back to basics... Apologies again.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

edward2
Learner Driver

Postby edward2 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:18 pm

One of the figures was mph the other mpg on the computor.

Last week my megane was very diffcult to start twice even though a dry summer day. Today it stalled on the way to work and when leaving work the engine service light and light in the shape of an engine came on.

The mpg has been good apart from today when was 25 mpg and dropping before got home. I bought my car from evans halshaw renault edinburgh and is still with in the 3 months warrently so will take in as soon as i can get booked in. The engine fan also stayed on even when I departed the car and locked it.

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Sounds like either it is overheating, / thermostat / or the coolant sensor / wiring is to blame. Could be the ECU, but who cares? It's for the the garage to fix it.

Let us know what turns out.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

edward2
Learner Driver

Postby edward2 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:38 am

The renault garage say it is TBc sensor it is being covered by 3 month warrenty which is good.

edward2
Learner Driver

Postby edward2 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:59 pm

Very good they fixed it today for no cost under warrenty , even washed it and cleaned very good service at renault edinburgh

edward2
Learner Driver

Postby edward2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:00 pm

So far renault has been well apart from air condioning breaking down, and electric passanger windows not working does not like going up press up and it does down so normally leave it. The airconditioning was recharged before bought the car and passanger window fixed so I supose already faulty and just a patch up but is 9 years old. Has been running well, one light has blow so need to find a someone that change it as dont have tools. Also someone drove in to the back of my megane on tuesday in a vw polo. The polo gril broke and slight dent the megane just looks likes bumber scraped. Not quite sure what the procedure is if anything.

edward2
Learner Driver

Postby edward2 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Since last posting someone else has driven in to the back of my car. This time light is broken and bumper broken think it was stolen car the wheel arch inside is preturding and there was this padded bag with renault written on it in side the wheel arch looks like some sort of insulation that is meant to be in bumper. The bumper is a write of not sure about car yet. The car was parked by my car blocking a gate, with window open no tax disk and the paint of my car on its bumper and also its reflector broken. The police towing the stolen car away.

edward2
Learner Driver

Postby edward2 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:05 pm

The number plate of the car that appears to have driven in to my car RX60HMH yellow seat cupra does not come up on insurance companies data bas. It also does not appear on a look at up on line, can look up cars writted of 20 years ago never had a car not appear on database before, etc all sort of cars yet this draw a blank. It had no tax disk so may be a ringer.

What does this RX60 mean

Looks like going to be costly. I have protected no claims bonus. But insurance person thinks could still effect claim possibly. They also think even if fix my self would could still effect claim as now have been involved in a accident regardless of fault.

I am taking car to insurance place tommorow but not hopeful.

The police says this comes up on there computor however It does not appear in normal database insurance companies or the dvla data base either.

Seems a bit strange, . Not that that matters at all to me but looks like this going to be expensive as the vechcile is doddgy not on standard database if is in fact on any data base. Insurance company can not find. I have photo and checked not made error.

elephant.co.uk which gives car details even if not on road no tax etc I tested it on bmw 735 that was written off in 1992 still comes up but this seat does not. Tested this on many cars before.
https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPo ... ution=e2s3 tested this on my car then the seat does not come up. Tested this on many cars before.

https://www.bossreg.com/plates/current.h ... suffix=---

edward2
Learner Driver

Postby edward2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:46 pm

The garage insurance company uses says fiberglass bootfloor split light broken bumper broken wheel arch linner. Tail gate scrape. Not done invoice yet was just watching. Says parts renault expensive boot floor alone around 300 think said. But no offical estimate yet. Wonder is insurance company will write of my car or fix?
I have heard that before a few times that parts for renault expensive but wonder why this is as renault relativly cheap car make less than ford vauxhall vw new but parts more than ford vauxhall when broken. I supose a new car is less than the sum of it parts

edward2
Learner Driver

Postby edward2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:42 pm

I got a letter from the insurance company yesterday saying they are closing the file as I have not provided any third party details.

I have I provided the registration and the police incident number. The registration does not appear on dvla but police have the persons details.

I got a message this morning saying the estimate is 1600 for the repair (the esitimate was excluding vat that is with vat 1600 about).

I am not sure insurance company will pay this as is 2003 model so may write of but if write of i have to pay first 160 so may end up with little. Also I went to renault garage and they dont have any megane 2 for sale. Although I would like a cadillac as no cadillac dealer in edinburgh the sensible choice of car another megane.

I wonder if i should see if can get a cheaper quote as a quote this high may be a write of.

If do buy another megane 2 may be get deisel as I am unlikly to get a petrol in such good order as mine was low miles 37000.

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:43 am

IF the insurance do write it off , don't accept the first offer , my friend has just had his wrote off and they offered about £1500 below what he could buy the similar model for , he got his offer upped by £900 and accepted
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

edward2
Learner Driver

Postby edward2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:28 pm

The insurance company have agreed to pay for car to be fixed still waiting on outcome of foresnics to see if will be my insurance or may be the person who crashed in to if they can prove and has insurance. But good thing is dont need to get a new car.

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:33 pm

All worked out OK for you in the end
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

edward2
Learner Driver

Postby edward2 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Well insurance company still waiting to see if any third party details so still broken. But on the plus side I had the blub changed at halffords nearside headlight. After fitting the man asked if working and had look that something was not right but seems to be working perfectly only cost 3.99 to fit. The pannel was missing from wheel arch said was not there in first place. Light is working though. May be the panel fell of when bumped or something

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”