looking at a 225 in the morning, need help!

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

PAULHOULDEN
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 225 R-sport

looking at a 225 in the morning, need help!

Postby PAULHOULDEN » Sat May 12, 2012 8:28 pm

travelling 100 miles to look at a 05 black 225 tomoro, it has 52,000 and has had a cambelt change, not fsh but its got 5 stamps, only thing is its had 6 owners, should i stay away or look for anything specific? thanks for any reply, Paul

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Re: looking at a 225 in the morning, need help!

Postby morganjake1544 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Six owners in seven years would worry me. What do each of them find so awful that they sell up so quickly?
I wouldn't waste the fuel on a 200 mile round trip. But that's just my opinion.

It could be a fantastic car and all six owners could have had a genuine reason to sell, but consider that at some point you will be trying to sell it with 'seven careful owners' ! :shock:

I'd wait it out, there'll be another along soon.

:)

PS. Sorry to sound negative, but I was a salesman then sales manager in a Renault dealership for six years and without fail the cars with lots of owners (which we took in as p/x's) were the ones with lots of problems.
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re: looking at a 225 in the morning, need help!

Postby davelowe » Sun May 13, 2012 10:06 pm

morganjake1544 wrote:Six owners in seven years would worry me. What do each of them find so awful that they sell up so quickly?
I wouldn't waste the fuel on a 200 mile round trip. But that's just my opinion.

It could be a fantastic car and all six owners could have had a genuine reason to sell, but consider that at some point you will be trying to sell it with 'seven careful owners' ! :shock:

I'd wait it out, there'll be another along soon.

:)

PS. Sorry to sound negative, but I was a salesman then sales manager in a Renault dealership for six years and without fail the cars with lots of owners (which we took in as p/x's) were the ones with lots of problems.

VERY wise advice. Take note of the number plate, then check ebay from time to time. Bet you my EGR solenoid it comes up within the year.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”