Carminat Navigation question!

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane 2.0 VVT Dynamique Sport Hatch

Carminat Navigation question!

Postby MéganeDynamique » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Hey guys,

Finally found a Mégane with an equally huge spec to replace my own after the write off :(

I've spoken to the seller and apparently the map disc is missing from the Carminat Navigation system. Now I found this in the handbook back of my old Laguna which had the same system, but I'm unsure as to whether it's a map disc or a software disc?

Also, below is a Navtech disc, do any Carminat owners know if this will work?

I realise I'm appealing to a limited audience but the drive from Birmingham to Scotland would be much better with the nav working :D

Ottoman Blue 2.0 VVT Privilège 5 Door - Full beige leather, ESP, Xenon headlights, Carminat Navigation, Cruise etc.
Ink Blue 2.0 VVT Dynamique 3 Door... Black Leather, heated seats, panoramic sunroof, tyre pressure sensors, Hands Free etc.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Carminat Navigation question!

Postby ChrisM » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Is your new meg the red on black arrow guidence system that operates from the HUD if so I think the Carminat CD you 1st show will run it as it has UK on it, I don't think the NavTech will work if it is the above system, I seem to remember the Lags had a colour screen in theres.

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver

Postby MéganeDynamique » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Yes Chris it's the turn by turn, red and black screen one, so fingers crossed this is the one because I have a feeling it'll be a nightmare getting hold of one.

The Laguna I had had the same system, it was the Dynamique Techno model so it was just turn by turn, not the full colour screen one in the Initiale. It seems some people have two discs with their Méganes but I'm sure the Laguna only had one.... We''ll find out on saturday!
Ottoman Blue 2.0 VVT Privilège 5 Door - Full beige leather, ESP, Xenon headlights, Carminat Navigation, Cruise etc.
Ink Blue 2.0 VVT Dynamique 3 Door... Black Leather, heated seats, panoramic sunroof, tyre pressure sensors, Hands Free etc.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Yes you are right 2 discs, 2nd disc covers more Countries as of yet after owning it nearly 4 years now I have never been asked for the 2nd disc, let me know how you get on. :)

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver

Postby MéganeDynamique » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Well it's the right disc, but it can't read it because it's so scratched. Now comes the fun of trying to find the right one :( :(

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:11 pm

Worth trying a disc polisher?

You've nothing to lose if it's not currently working anyhow.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”