panoramic roof

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

megsulley
Currently Drives:: Nothing

panoramic roof

Postby megsulley » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:11 am

I'm thinking of buying an oasis 1.5 diesel euro 4. 2005. I am told the panoramic roof is the type which doesn't open. My daughter has exactly the same model/year + hers opens electronically. So are there 2 different types of panoramic glass roofs??

TubaPlayer
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 (54) Black Megane 2.0T Privilege CC

Re: panoramic roof

Postby TubaPlayer » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:54 pm

As far as I am aware the only panoramic roof that they did was the full glass opening sunroof
Megane 2004 2.0T Black Privilege CC, Xenons, Sat Nav, Cruise Control, Full Leather, Rear Parking Sensors (Colour Coded)
Previously: Megane 2003 2.0 16V Black Dymanique Sport Hatch

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:32 pm

I think the only panoramic roof Renault fitted as standard was the electric opening one. However, I seem to remember a short period of time when you could have either a fixed glass roof or an opening glass roof as options. I think the fixed was £400 compared to £750 for the normal opening one and it may have only been available on a specific model or special edition.
But don't worry, an Oasis has the sunroof as part of the standard spec of the car and it is electric opening, I know because I've got one. Come to think of it though I think I'd prefer the fixed so no need to worry about motor, mechanism, leaks, rattles, etc.
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

megsulley
Currently Drives:: Nothing

Postby megsulley » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks for the reply - useful info. The dealer who has the OASIS for sale has told me it's a panoramic roof which doesn't open - which I find a bit strange 'cos as you say it's a standard opening glass roof on the OASIS - so doesn't make any sense to me. It's too far to simply go and have a look so maybe I will give that one a miss. Why don't the dealers get properly trained so they can give their customers proper advise - they have just lost this potential customer!!

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:19 am

The front half of the roof opens and slides over the back half or, you can raise it for that little bit of fresh air.

It is however, a heavy piece of kit and raises the emissions thereby raising the RFL bracket, I presume it's the 1.5 80 or 86 in which case it will raise the RFL from £30 to either £90 or £110.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Ref RFL, my 1.5 Dci 86 Oasis is £30 per year, V5 says emissions are 120 g/km. I'm fairly sure that if the panoramic roof was part of the original spec i.e. standard equipment (as it was on the Oasis) then the RFL is per the original quoted figure. However, if the roof is added as optional extra (say on a Dynamique model) then it costs the garage/dealer £30 for the first RFL at the point of registering the car but when subsequently the DVLA produce the V5 with the amended figures it then increases the cost for following years.
We had some quite angry customers come back after 12 months when they'd been to the post office with the V5 to re tax them!
Renault don't make life easy for the dealerships.
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:47 am

That'd make sense morganjake1544 as I know there's been a lot of discussion about who pays what and when :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”