Megane II Dynamique VS. Privilege

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

drumace
Currently Drives:: Focus

Megane II Dynamique VS. Privilege

Postby drumace » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi,
I'm looking to buy a Renault Megane II (2004-2006) and I already know the difference between the Expression and the Privilege models in term of spec, accessories and trim level.
However, I don't know the difference between the Privilege (5Dr) and Dynamic (3Dr) models (I'm talking about the 1.6 automatic model) and I couldn't find the official specs and car details anywhere.
Can someone help me decide between these two models?

Thanks,
Tal

kornnut106
Learner Driver

Re: Megane II Dynamique VS. Privilege

Postby kornnut106 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:30 am

hello i just bought a Megane II Dynamique 1.5dci its got pretty much everything though privilege is top spec and has more however my Megane II Dynamique has had item added when bought new just to let you know what it has (my car anyways)
Megane II Dynamique
auto lights
auto window wipers
eletric stearing/cruise control
keyless entry
air bags everywere
lights everywhere lol
trip computer thingy
heated wing mirrors and rear window
air con (manual)
pump up seats
iso fix car seats for your kids if any
chilled glove box
eletric windows all round they go up if down when leaving the car etc
rear reading/map lights
cd player with stock controler
abs breaking
satin chrome door handles
and crappy rubber touch interior (its peeling)
and i think nicer 16inch alloys which have sensors to tell you if the low pressure etc

probably more but like i said i only got the car and had it for 15 min lol after buying the dam thing 49000m on clock it broke down WITH A £400 QUID TO FIX BILL Grrrrrrr.... so just watch
Last edited by kornnut106 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

kornnut106
Learner Driver

Postby kornnut106 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:32 am

just another thought i think the 2005 models are a facelift model bit different also mines a 2004 hope this helps :life

Toodeep
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 5 Door Privilege 1.6

Postby Toodeep » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:18 am

I don't know the official differences or how much was not standard. From what I can tell the Privilege comes with Automatic air conditioning rather than manual so you set your preferred temperature on the digital display and the system does whatever it needs to in order to achieve it.

I think the Privilege models all come with the electric panoramic sunroof and a minimum of half leather seats. All of the stuff on kornnut106's car is on my goddaughter's Privilege (1.6 Automatic) with the exception of Hands Free entry/starting (if that's what he means by 'keyless') and cruise control. In addition, she has a 6 disc CD changer mounted in the dash below a Renault Carminat Radio/CD/SatNav which gives voice and turn by turn visual directions (in the radio display) but no map. I have my doubts whether the latter is standard as few forum members mention it. In any case it is far inferior to even the cheapest after-market SatNavs available today.

On the other hand her friend has a Dynamique which does have the Hands-Free entry/starting although, in terms of its reliability, its open to question whether this is an advantage or not. Otherwise the most noticeable differences between the two are cosmetic. The Privilege's interior is coordinated so that the seat colour (tan in her case) extends to the dashboard while the Dynamique's is resolutely black. Her friend does have the CD changer too so, superficially, the only differences are the automatic vs manual air conditioning controls and the colour coordination. Yet the Privilege does manage to look more upmarket as a result in my opinion. I would, however, argue that the Dynamique's alloy wheels are more attractive.

drumace
Currently Drives:: Focus

Postby drumace » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Thanks guys for your help! :-)

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:29 pm

kornnut106 wrote:just another thought i think the 2005 models are a facelift model bit different also mines a 2004 hope this helps :life

the facelift model came out end of 2005 after November if I remember correctly.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:34 pm

Build date on my 1.4 was 22nd Dec 2005 and it was a phase 1. It's possible that different models started on phase 2 at different times due to the cars being built in various countries.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”