Possibilities for my 06 plate 1.5dci Dynamique

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

bennyblackbean
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MEGANE 1.5DCI 3DR DYNAM.106 1461cc 3DR 2006

Possibilities for my 06 plate 1.5dci Dynamique

Postby bennyblackbean » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:28 pm

As you may well have read my intro, Ive got an 06 plate 1.5dci meg, Im looking for the front bumper and passenger wing, as the passenger side renault alloy was totally annhilated, im looking for a set of 4 after market alloys, im in love with the 225 gloss black sport alloys, but am aware they will not fit my model, Does anyone know where i can get alloys that will fit my model, Also a heads up on what parts will fit my car and what mods i could do would be brill!
Eventually im going to get her tinted, lowered, spoiler fitted, some sort of interior lighting and maybe mapped, depending on what you guys recommend i do.
cheers, Joe.

TheFinn
Advanced Driver

Re: Possibilities for my 06 plate 1.5dci Dynamique

Postby TheFinn » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:15 pm

Instead of replacing your broken one with a standard front bumper you could source a Ph2 225 front bumper with all the grilles, fittings and the rubber lip. That will make the front look elegantly sporty, plus it'll hardly cost much more than replacing the standard 1.5dCi bumper. With a 225 bumper you won't need to fit any extra spoiler.

And instead of getting a standard replacement side repeater, why not get a pair of (inexpensive) black side repeaters. A nice "stealthing" mod to a black car. They're available with an original-type patterned lense, or you could go "modern" and get clear-lensed ones. The clear ones can be bought through eBay for under a tenner (plus p&p).

I don't know UK wheel places, but you can get aftermarket alloys suitable for your car (wheel bolt pattern 4x100mm) very similar in design to those of the 225. Just make sure you get tyres with the correct sidewall profile, 205/50R17 if you want a narrow, more fuel efficient tyre or 225/45R17 if you want a little wider. Or 225/40R18 if you want to big it. 8-) If possible, get alloys with a 35mm offset, that'll bring the wheels closer to the arches for a "meatier" look.

If you're into sideskirts, then the original Renaultsport kit for the Clio 197 is one of the nicest designs I've seen. K-Tec Racing (among others?) modify these to fit the Megane II.

As for the rear spoiler, the R26.R one is a good looking one IMO, or the slightly less protruding Meran style.

GT double exits might look nice as well, naturally you'd need to slot your rear bumper to fit those.
2,0 16V 6-speed manual: Image - Image

bennyblackbean
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MEGANE 1.5DCI 3DR DYNAM.106 1461cc 3DR 2006

Postby bennyblackbean » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:41 pm

Much appreciated there mate, very good bit of info, im definately going to look into getting the Ph2 225 front bumper now, ive ordered some 17'' Team Dynamic 'The Sword' with the said offset, ill also look into the spoiler you mentioned :cool: .

bobbyb1288
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Tourer 1.5 dci

Postby bobbyb1288 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi there,

I'm soon to put new wheels on my Dynamique. They are Team Dynamics/100+ Jet in a 7.5 x 18 in gloss black with a bright machined lip with 225/40 rubber. Worth a look. Try eBay for a lowering spring set. You can get a full set of Koni springs for £85 delivered. Got them on mine and the transformation is brilliant in both handling and looks
If it's got pistons or breasts it's going to be expensive!

david_r_t
Currently Drives:: megane 1.4

Postby david_r_t » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:34 pm

even with standard wheels, a drop will transform a car both in looks and how it rides. when i had my focus i ran it around just on lowering springs and standard 15inch with lower profile tyres (were cheaper then the standard size too) and the car was alot lower then when i popped the 17inch ones on!!!

David
1.4, 3door, 56 Reg, Dynamique
Now with K&n panel filter, FLI 180w speakers inthe front door!!! New mats in the snail mail. Just got to fit lowering springs and new stereo without the wife seeing or noticing!!!!

Return to “Modifications”