Who does this Megane Saloon Belong to???

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Who does this Megane Saloon Belong to???

Postby Paddy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:10 pm

As above, just wondering who the owner is, i found this picture on this forum and would like to know a few things about it. Want mine to look like this!

Thanks

Paddy

terry_mccann
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane SportsTourer 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)
My gallery: http://meganeboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=3437&start=0

Re: Who does this Megane Saloon Belong to???

Postby terry_mccann » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:03 pm

This one looks great - how does yours look... ?
Megane Grandtour 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:43 pm

Mine is in turms of body standard, aprt from colour coded body work, tinted windows, full hids (dip, high, fog), shark fin, chrome window surrrounds. I have ordered this bumper but i need to ask this fella a few questions about the extras needed, ie i think that the front arches come up slightly short, (3cm?) I want to know what he did about this...

terry_mccann
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane SportsTourer 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)

Postby terry_mccann » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:01 pm

isnt this the standard 225 bumper and thus fits without modifications? not sure, tho.

your car sounds nice as well, why dont you post a few pics? I like the design of the saloons.....
Megane Grandtour 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:36 pm

She shall be kept a secret untill finished.. for now ill only ask questions and seek advice! Yes it is standard, but i am to believe the arches play apart, as in the megan hatch has a smaller wheel base than the saloon, by 61mm if i am correct? So the front arch is about 30mm out? Any help on this matter?

Regards

Paddy

TheFinn
Advanced Driver

Postby TheFinn » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:22 pm

ulrich100 wrote:She shall be kept a secret untill finished.. for now ill only ask questions and seek advice! Yes it is standard, but i am to believe the arches play apart, as in the megan hatch has a smaller wheel base than the saloon, by 61mm if i am correct? So the front arch is about 30mm out? Any help on this matter?

I think you might have your track widths and wheelbases mixed up?

The wheelbase is the distance between the wheelcentres car-lengthwise, and the saloon (and estate) indeed has 61 mm longer rear doors than the hatch.

The track width is the distande between the centres of the wheels' widths car-widthwise. And all Meganes (RS models apart) have equal track widths thus the arches are equally far apart between the different body styles.

The RS front fits all body styles without any further modifications.
2,0 16V 6-speed manual: Image - Image

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:23 am

TheFinn wrote:
ulrich100 wrote:She shall be kept a secret untill finished.. for now ill only ask questions and seek advice! Yes it is standard, but i am to believe the arches play apart, as in the megan hatch has a smaller wheel base than the saloon, by 61mm if i am correct? So the front arch is about 30mm out? Any help on this matter?

I think you might have your track widths and wheelbases mixed up?

The wheelbase is the distance between the wheelcentres car-lengthwise, and the saloon (and estate) indeed has 61 mm longer rear doors than the hatch.

The track width is the distande between the centres of the wheels' widths car-widthwise. And all Meganes (RS models apart) have equal track widths thus the arches are equally far apart between the different body styles.

The RS front fits all body styles without any further modifications.

Good man,

Thanks for putting me stright. Appreciated

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:27 am

you need to buy to triangle pieces from renault, only about £4 for each side, the rs front bumper is a couple of inches wider so the arch linings dont meet up but the bumper fits the bodywork fine.

And if the rear is the same as the cc you can get a replica 225 rear to fit to.

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:26 pm

R55VYS wrote:you need to buy to triangle pieces from renault, only about £4 for each side, the rs front bumper is a couple of inches wider so the arch linings dont meet up but the bumper fits the bodywork fine.

And if the rear is the same as the cc you can get a replica 225 rear to fit to.

Thanks for that, the rear aint the same... im waiting and waiting and waiting for a production 225 replica for the saloon! Might just have to get busy and knock it up myself...

P

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Eddie-- wrote:pure off topic on this one but i'd go shiny chrome or polished lip or somin looks bit black on it bit much i think nothing to attract your eye really IMO :D
nice bumper :D

Ooo you mean like mine.... sure you do.. my chrome window surrounds look the ticket so i have been told!

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:47 pm

Eddie-- wrote:was thinking you'd come up with that but was on more with the wheels bit too much of da colour IMO

No way, i want black 18 / 19s on mine or gun metal gray.

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:49 pm

The other thing is that car above is only an expression model so doesnt have the chrome handles that look well on the black.

Return to “Modifications”