Lowered

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

norm130

Re: Lowered

Postby norm130 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:24 pm

I wouldn't advise going any lower than 45mm, unless you want to spend big money. The guy i went to wouldn't sell me springs any lower without buying shocks as well. his reason being "the car will bottom out and put you through a field"

gavnaysh
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: megane dci 120 in blue 3 door

Postby gavnaysh » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:26 am

if i got shocks aswell would it be alright or do you need anything else?? reason i askis on the golf too low and driveshafts hit ARB so not sure quite how low i can go with this dont mind if its just shocks though?
its gone but not forgotten lol, but the A3 has more than filled the gap on the drive woo hoo i love it

norm130

Postby norm130 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:30 am

should be alright if you get shocks put in as well, but if you are going to spend that amount of money, you may as well do it properly and get coilovers put it. ride might be a bit hard but you can adjust the height to exactly what you want.I would love to be able to slam it to the ground at weekend and then raise it up for driving during the week!!

gavnaysh
Just Passed

Postby gavnaysh » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:15 pm

could be an idea but not seen any for the 1.9 dci only 1.5?? doesn't make sence but still got a while to find the right ones so will keep looking i suppose
its gone but not forgotten lol, but the A3 has more than filled the gap on the drive woo hoo i love it

gavnaysh
Just Passed

Postby gavnaysh » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:06 pm

pretty sure mine are 215/50 17 might drop to 45 or 40 when it needs tyres or bigger wheels has anyone seen coilovers for the 1.9dci if so where and how much cheaper the better lol then i can do other things at the same time (not that im inpatient or ote lol)

gavnaysh
Just Passed

Postby gavnaysh » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:49 am

might just get 45mm springs and shocks i think prob try springs first then add shocks if needed. cheers for the info think coilies will be a little too much for how little i use it, couldn't justify nearly a grand on suspension

gavnaysh
Just Passed

Postby gavnaysh » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:06 pm

found some spax springs 45mm lower £85.10 on performancecentre.co.uk seems to be the cheapest ive found them just need find some shocks at the right price now?

guy1988
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 1.9DCI

Postby guy1988 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:08 am

kylehimself wrote:Hi all! Haven’t been on here in a while, hope all is well with everyone.

Got the car lowered 45mm on Spax a few weeks back finally. Cleaned it today and took a few pics just to show anybody who's interested.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

A few more:

Used that Turtle Wax Ice stuff to polish the motor today... really good job, does all the trim as well as body work and leaves no hazy polish marks. Leaves a real nice shine, unfortunately them pictures don't do it justice as you can probably see it was a bit of a dull day, but in the sunshine

Kyle :cool:

mate that looks awsome, is that a spring and shock kit? what size are the alloys you got on there?
Guy

guy1988
Learner Driver

Postby guy1988 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:10 am

kylehimself wrote:Hi all! Haven’t been on here in a while, hope all is well with everyone.

Got the car lowered 45mm on Spax a few weeks back finally. Cleaned it today and took a few pics just to show anybody who's interested.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

A few more:

Used that Turtle Wax Ice stuff to polish the motor today... really good job, does all the trim as well as body work and leaves no hazy polish marks. Leaves a real nice shine, unfortunately them pictures don't do it justice as you can probably see it was a bit of a dull day, but in the sunshine

mate that looks awsome, is that a spring and shock kit? what size are the alloys you got on there?
Guy

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:19 pm

guy1988 wrote:mate that looks awsome, is that a spring and shock kit? what size are the alloys you got on there?
Guy

As Eddie said mate, 18" 'loys with Spax springs.

Kyle

guy1988
Learner Driver

Postby guy1988 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:18 pm

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

A few more:

Hey are the mud gaurds standard? or did you fit them yourself? if so are they renault ones? where did you get them from?
Thanks

busternlouie
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: '05' Megane 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby busternlouie » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:49 pm

Looks smart. The alloys really suit the car too. :cool:
2005 Megane Sporthatch 2.0 VVT Dynamique Extreme Blue

Return to “Modifications”