colour coding...

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kylehimself
Pass Plus

colour coding...

Postby kylehimself » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:27 am

hi again all!

well, i have yet more questions and im hopin' somebody can help.

as you know i have been lookin' into gettin' 225 bumpers or my bumper molds coded. and of course the body shops are lookin' a fair bit to do it. now... i was told that if you get the bumpers coded from renault rather than paints them 'n' that they just give you plastic molds the same colour as the car but they arn't metallic or anything just like a matte colour.

this is what i was told.

"The colour coded bumpers on renaults arent actually colour coded they are just the same colour as the car but in plastic if that makes sense have a look at our other one and you will see what i mean"

so does anyboy know where i would get the matchin' molds? or do they infact just paint the ones already on the car but just not do them in metallic?

sorry if this is all a bit confusin'
cheers
kyle

MeganeChick
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Black Gold '06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, blanking plate, custom air intake feed, RSTuning remap (255bhp), ITG panel filter, Samco silicon air intake pipe, Forge Intercooler, renaultsport alloy wheel decals, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Postby MeganeChick » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:55 pm

Kyle,

my understanding is that the bumpers we have (i.e. non-225 ones) can be colour coded by priming and painting the existing bumpers but that they can create a finish that is textured like we already have or smooth. i have got figures of about £200ish for that, also its cheaper is you remove and fit them yourself obviously.

whereas if you were to buy 225 bumpers i think you can just buy them in that finish already? although i dont knowmuch about that side of things. r33ves or dickie have done this so may know?
'06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, tuned, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:11 pm

cheers meganechick, r55vys sent me a ton of info about replacing them with 225 bumpers. but it works out expensive to get the bumpers bought and then you gotta get them painted anyway.

ps. was it you who was askin' about my avatar a while ago??

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:30 pm

Hi kyle
just clean them up prime them then paint them yourself
it only costs the price of some paint give it ago mate

stevie
http://www.meganesport.net welcome all members of Megane II Owners Club

MeganeChick
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Black Gold '06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, blanking plate, custom air intake feed, RSTuning remap (255bhp), ITG panel filter, Samco silicon air intake pipe, Forge Intercooler, renaultsport alloy wheel decals, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Postby MeganeChick » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:51 pm

Kyle - yea i said it was the best avatar i had seen! lol brilliant!
'06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, tuned, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Return to “Modifications”