LED interior lights

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

LED interior lights

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:08 pm

Not a serious thread but the kids love it...
just upgraded my interior courtesy lights with white leds which look good it has to be said, but whilst looking found a multcolour LED that auto cycles so got two and put them in the rear pax courtesy lights of my and OHs car, my kids love them well it is christmas.. 8-)
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

MeganeChick
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Black Gold '06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, blanking plate, custom air intake feed, RSTuning remap (255bhp), ITG panel filter, Samco silicon air intake pipe, Forge Intercooler, renaultsport alloy wheel decals, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Postby MeganeChick » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:12 pm

yeah they are a great mod arent they! would not be with the standard interior lights ever again!

done my sidelights and number plate with them also :D
'06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, tuned, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:37 am

They are great. Love LEDs. Anybody wants any just check out this guy on eBay, he's in Hong Kong but the products are great :D

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/warden-jp2002_ ... esstQQtZkm
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

TheFinn
Advanced Driver

Postby TheFinn » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:39 pm

I too have ordered LED stuff twice from that HK guy, must say he delivers fast and reliable! :) Plus he's usually among the first ones to have the latest new innovations available at very reasonable prices.

I've changed all the interior + boot + glovebox + register plate lights to white leds.

Also got me two H11 replacement led bulbs for the foglights to use as daytime running lights, but the 1w version with one led I got is not ideal when it comes to "filling" the reflector.
2,0 16V 6-speed manual: Image - Image

snowy
Just Passed

Postby snowy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:50 pm

hi, what bulbs do you need to do the interior? im gonna order of that ebay guy, but dont know what to ask for! help please!

TheFinn
Advanced Driver

Postby TheFinn » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:02 pm

For the roof lights you´ll want 3 pairs of these

These work well for the door lights.

IIRC I have these for the glovebox and boot lights. The exact right length festoon bulb isn't available, (again IIRC) the 36 mm is slightly short and the 39 mm slightly long. But the longer one can be fitted without breaking anything. However, I'm not 100% sure I remember the lengths correctly, so you're best off measuring e.g. the original boot light bulb first.
2,0 16V 6-speed manual: Image - Image

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:38 pm

I bought mine off https://www.shinyautos.com
he sells full lighting sets door handles,foot well, interior, boot handle,glove box ect
AND HE'S A CLUB MEMBER!!!

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:49 pm

i bought mine from https://www.shinyautos.com too.

a full set which included the doors, both roof lights, and boot light...might be another one.

but that was insept 2006 and some of them have gone out now!! lol

drivin round in a blacked out meg with bright green interior lights!!!

u know the vision is good!!! lol 8-)
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

MeganeChick
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Black Gold '06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, blanking plate, custom air intake feed, RSTuning remap (255bhp), ITG panel filter, Samco silicon air intake pipe, Forge Intercooler, renaultsport alloy wheel decals, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Postby MeganeChick » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:58 pm

yeah get em from Shiny - he is the man for the LEDs :) free postage too the last time i used it.
'06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, tuned, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

richwells

What are the benefits?

Postby richwells » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:16 pm

Hey guys and girls

I have just put a deposit down on a Renault Megane 1.4 Dynamique, its done 7,500 miles on a 06 plate and has still warranty etc.

I was reading about the LED's, but could you tell me what are the actual benefits of changing them?

Are they brighter?

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:06 pm

Yes they are brighter, but it is purely cosmetic really
225 5dr FF + Xenons

http://www.meganesport.net

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:10 pm

imagine the dull yellowish lights in your standard megane WERE REPLACED WITH BRIGHT WHITE/BLUE/GREEN or YELLOW (i think)

it is cosmetic as cactusbob say, but it make it tht much better when your lights come on!! lol
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:17 pm

you can even get one that changes colour every second, its like having a disco in the back,, the kids love it but then again they also love thomas the tank engine......
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

MeganeChick
Pass Plus

Postby MeganeChick » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:46 pm

i would never for one second ever consider going back to the usual yellowish lights - the LEDs lok so fantastic! :)

i have the white LEDs and they are probably the best for the brightness of light i guess - the other colours might make map reading difficult etc - but so eas to change if you dont like em. can also go into sidelights, number plate, boot and glove box too :)

snowy
Just Passed

Postby snowy » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:40 pm

how much did you pay for a full set from shiney then?

Return to “Modifications”