rear lights

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

shockman

rear lights

Postby shockman » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:35 pm

hiya, ive just finished putting some rear black lexus lights that i bought from ktec to my car, looks awsome!!

however, as i have a spoiler on my car with the middle brake light, if i have my sidelights on that light comes on as well, so for the moment have disconnected it as it would be dangerous

any idea what i could do to solve this problem?

dickie
Just Passed

Postby dickie » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:43 pm

Wired it up wrong?
As the French say: le faux deux deux cinq
735310 6'1

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:30 pm

i have bought a set of aftermarket rear brake lights and was attempting to fit them today. I managed to remove the original ones and was left with the bulb holder (which is connected to the car through a clip). I have tried and tried and tried to unclip the original bulb holder to replace them with the new bulb wiring but cannot unclip the original bulb holder.... abit noobish i know but how do i unclip the bulb holder??
1.6 VVT Dynamique, 2003, Ottoman Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, Auto lights/wipers, Pioneer TS-Q131c, Shinyautos.com Blue LED interior lighting, ITG filter, HID Lights (Cheers Andy!!)

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:13 pm

right, i managed to unclip everything... (phew!) I then took the new lights & new wiring out of the box, but im unsure as to where each wire goes? i've got loadsa pics so bare with me....

These are the lights

back of the lights

Wire 1(blue)

Wire 1(white)

Wire 2

Can someone please tell me where each wire goes in the back of the cluster?? i can only assume that Wire 2 goes in the middle of the cluster, Wire 1(blue) & Wire 1(white) go in the top & bottom hole of cluster??

[/img]
1.6 VVT Dynamique, 2003, Ottoman Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, Auto lights/wipers, Pioneer TS-Q131c, Shinyautos.com Blue LED interior lighting, ITG filter, HID Lights (Cheers Andy!!)

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:49 pm

if you take a look at back of the light it tells you which wire goes where
when it says red green look for a red and a green wired lamp and put it in that hole ect ect

Deano16v
Advanced Driver

Postby Deano16v » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:19 pm

very true, and you can just make out the colours in your picture

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:40 pm

cheers for the info guys, was finally able to fit the lights :cool:

But typically for a megane, there had to be summat wrong didnt there! I fitted all the bulbs, put it all togther and all the lights work (indicators, brake/stop, sidelight) BUT the REAR FOG & REVERSE lights do not work!! i bought some new '382' bulbs (which Halfords book states is for the megane reverse light), but which of the above wires do i fit that to, and which hole does that go hole in?
And im confised about the rear fogs... :? i am tempted to take it all apart and reconnect the original wiring just to check which one is for reverse and which one is fogs...

Any help/info peeps?!?!?

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:43 pm

and which hole does that go hole in?

Sorry, typing error... And i have just read the sentence back if it was correct! :wink:

Return to “Modifications”