dci rs mod help please!

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

mjgoddo71

dci rs mod help please!

Postby mjgoddo71 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:23 pm

Hi i've just brought brand new rs bumper for my dci 1.9, had a few problems with the 1st set i got from a scrappy (scratched and no under pan) but managed to get a refund.
A friend who owns a body shop will be spraying/fitting is there any thing else need to fit? i've go the full bumper kit cost £650!!!!!!!!! are there any additional bits?
Also i've managed to get hold of a rs exhaust (back box) from a nice chap on the forum. Is this a straight forwards fit?

Help me please

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:05 pm

the bumpers are a straight forward swap, apart from there are some little bits that attach onto the bumper and then onto the std wheel arch linnings, this is so for the front and back, the front are a triangle shape, the rear are a similar shape but larger with a curve on the bottom, these are about £16 each from renault, and if you've gone and bought the new bumper from renault you should have the front undertray, which is the biggest pain in the arse as im finding.

mjgoddo71

Postby mjgoddo71 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:08 pm

thanks, how did you get on with the under pan issue?

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:04 am

havent sorted it yet, the bumpers are in the bodyshop at the minute, and ile be arseing on fitting them next weekend, ive been told the undertrays not a structural piece its just to keep the $h!t from covering your engine, and its wobbly as hell, so im just going to try and make a piece that fits the gap and get the good old wire ties out and bodge it good style.

dickie
Just Passed

Postby dickie » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:39 pm

R55VYS wrote:havent sorted it yet, the bumpers are in the bodyshop at the minute, and ile be arseing on fitting them next weekend, ive been told the undertrays not a structural piece its just to keep the $h!t from covering your engine, and its wobbly as hell, so im just going to try and make a piece that fits the gap and get the good old wire ties out and bodge it good style.

Thats what I did for a while, worked out ok. Was annoyed with the garage that painted the bumper as they said it didn't have the sh1t stopper on it, when I knew there was as I had pictures of it before it went in... luckily I went back to get something else sorted and they had 'found' it!
As the French say: le faux deux deux cinq
735310 6'1

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:19 pm

Saying that, i aint put an undertray on, and theres no problems, it still looks the part too. well chuffed with how its turned out.

mjgoddo71

Postby mjgoddo71 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:15 pm

Hi again, i've een to the dealers when i've mentioned the parts to fit to the arch liners they look confused!!!!!!!! Does any one have the part numbers? I'm hoping that they are part of the bumper kit i brought, but knowing renault they won't be!!!

R55VYS have you finished your car, if so please post some pics, would love to see.

Cheers

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:27 pm

Il get some pics taken tonight, my cars pitted like but dont matter, got a spoiler and new h'lights to go on, but im a lil busy with moving at the min so will be on when i get chance.

Return to “Modifications”