Engine modification!

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jashuafiti

Engine modification!

Postby jashuafiti » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:13 pm

Hello guys.

I have modified my megane mk2 1.6 16valve 2004 look, i have bought 225 bumpers front and rear, exhaust backbox, alloy wheels, koni srt shocks, front & rear headlights, double din DVD etc.

Now i have saved some money, and i would like to increase the performance, i am not in uk and i live in a country where you cant find any real megane 225 so it's hard to find a rs engine. So basicaly what i am willing to know, is it possible to add turbo to my engine.
Does the megane 225 turbo fit on my car, i am ready to buy the 225 turbo, manifold, complete exhaust. But can you tell me is it possible to make this conversion or not, and what else do i need?
Let's say it is possible i make the conversion i add the turbo and all the stuff that i need, like pistons etc, then i am sure that it would need a remap, remapping it is not possible in my country because there are no such dealers that do remaps, so i would like to know if i can get a modified ecu to fit right on with all the data?

I am hoping someone with knowledge will respond here and explain me a little bit if this can be done or not.

MilosB
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: R. Megane 2 1.9dci sport package

Re: Engine modification!

Postby MilosB » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:45 pm

it is not worth it, by the time you get all the parts you need to tune that engine to be a performer you would put a good 3ooo€ in it, for that money Im sure you can import an complete engine etc, it is really not worth the hassle. if you would have a 2.0 16V it would be a tad cheaper
Renault Megane II 1.9dci sport p. 3dr. lowered on koni's,and exhausting through sebring

Return to “Modifications”