Respraying Plastic Bumper Trim? HELP!

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Calumnn
Currently Drives:: 2003/53 1.5 DCi Renault Megane

Respraying Plastic Bumper Trim? HELP!

Postby Calumnn » Fri May 01, 2015 10:06 am

So, the previous owner of my car decided it'd be a smashing idea to paint the black trim on the outside of the car white and of course not use plastic paint; probably an ex company car but anyway how would I go about removing the trim to respray it and how would I do it? I.E will it need sanding down?

As you can see the colour has faded and it looks tacky and dirty, advice would be appreciated

PJay
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Rush mk2, 1.4 16v

Re: Respraying Plastic Bumper Trim? HELP!

Postby PJay » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:03 pm

Sanding it down so it's smooth and degrease it so nothing is left which will stop the paint sticking. Instead of taking the panel off I would cover the parts you don't want to spray with newspaper!

xeno
Currently Drives:: 2003 Megane Sport Tourer 1.5dci80

Postby xeno » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:24 pm

Im looking to do mine at some point, think you need to get plastic primer for the plastic before you paint it....
The automobile engine will come, and then I will consider my life's work complete .(Rudolf Diesel)
The Diesel Engine is Here, My lifes work has Started . (ME )

Latko52

Postby Latko52 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:31 am

You can also use vehicle wraps for that. Well, I haven’t tried it but I think it would work. Recently I have been thinking to use wraps with advertisement graphics for my business on my vintage car but not finding any cool ideas. Could anyone here help me with that?

Return to “Modifications”