Can I Fit a turbo in a 1.4

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

KurtDouglas117
Currently Drives:: 2005 Renault Megane II authentique Rush.

Can I Fit a turbo in a 1.4

Postby KurtDouglas117 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:10 pm

Hey I'm new here and ive got my old trusty Maggie (Megane) shes an 05' 1.4 and now I have moved on to another I couldnt bare to let her go so im going to spend a lot of time and money upgrading her to be more like her sister the RS version and was wondering if by putting aside the looks which i am starting off on, how would i go about fitting a turbo to her little engine? ive already looked at exhaust systems from a 225 and such but the turbo is really on my mind...Sorry im still a bit of a noob machanic but im getting there =P

MilosB
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: R. Megane 2 1.9dci sport package

Re: Can I Fit a turbo in a 1.4

Postby MilosB » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:54 am

1.4 is really a bad starting point. first thing that is not up to the job is the braking, and it should be uprated, than you should tinker with the suspension and only than try to increase the power of the engine.

You would need a new manifold, high comp pistons, new injectors, probably stronger conrods, lowered compression ratio. I would try to find some 2.0 or at least 1.6 engine as a base and do the modification on it.
Renault Megane II 1.9dci sport p. 3dr. lowered on koni's,and exhausting through sebring

Return to “Modifications”