New Stereo install for 2007 Megane

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Purdy
Currently Drives:: 2007 Megane 2

New Stereo install for 2007 Megane

Postby Purdy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:05 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a 2007 Megane that I have just purchased. For fathers day my lovely wife is paying for a new stereo for me.
I am getting the following installed:

https://www.pioneer.com.au/au/products/2 ... /page.html

This radio can be used with cars existing steering wheel controls (extra part required however)

When the old radio is removed, what happens to the clock in the top console area? This clock shows radio information, outside air temp etc. I assume this clock is powered by the original radio? Will my clock now be dead? I liked the temp information.

BobbyBlueBoots
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Coupe Convertible 1.6, Hyundai Coupe 2.0

Re: New Stereo install for 2007 Megane

Postby BobbyBlueBoots » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:33 pm

I have just done this mod on my CC, I used Car Audio Direct as I have found them helpful and reasonably priced. I moved and almost new Alpine System from my Hyundai to the CC so I rang them up and they supplied a replacement fascia surround to avoid ugly gaps, anew loom from the car to the radio, a sub loom to connect the steering controls and a box about the size of a box of matches so the Alpine can "talk" to the Renault. The result is that the upper display keeps the clock and temp, but to the right it now says Renault, all the steering column controls work exactly as before, even with my iPod connected up to the radio head unit. I don't have the bill to hand but just over £40 for everything is a rough figure...... Rob

https://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/

Return to “Modifications”